impossible to connect

Nntrsh

Nntrsh

Hi @Luke,

Any thoughts about the log above?

Nothing is changed - I have a good connection to the server with TV guide and plugins updates, but I have no access to all of my media data - neither in MacOS app nor in iOS or web. I cannot understand what's the reason because it worked from time to time weeks ago but now it's not working anymore. I'm open to any ideas how to fix it. I have a lifetime membership but now I have no options to use it - it's annoying.

Really hope that my problem will be fixed.

Thanks

hi, can you please try the new Emby Server 4.7.6 release and let us know how that compares? Thanks !

Nntrsh

Hey @Luke, I updated Emby server to 4.7.6 version. At the very beginning it worked pretty good, but now it's happened again. Good connection, no access to data.

The last log file is attached - can you please check it?

embyserver.txt

10 minutes ago, Nntrsh said:

Hey @Luke, I updated Emby server to 4.7.6 version. At the very beginning it worked pretty good, but now it's happened again. Good connection, no access to data.

The last log file is attached - can you please check it?

embyserver.txt 944.46 kB · 0 downloads

Can you try turning off the realtime monitor for each of your emby libraries, then restart the server and see how that compares? Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
CJTripper

I have found after installing an Emby update, I have to restart the Emby server (from the Emby management dashboard) a second time (after the update/restart). Then everything seems stable and homepage populates correctly, although I can't explain why the extra restart helps. That might be worth a try if you find it is happening after Emby version updates.

You could also try clearing the cache on the client device (browser or app, whichever you are using).

I am running the latest Emby beta (4.8.0.8) on an Asustor AS5304T (upgraded to 8GB RAM) with the latest OS (4.1.0.RKM1). It has been happening for many months on previous Emby and OS version.

What Asustor NAS are you running, how much RAM, and which ADM version?

Edited by CJTripper
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

Well, here I am again.

Actually, my Emby client still not working for months. I using some other tool for music streaming from my Asustor and it works amazing.

Today I decided to check Emby again. I updated the server and client versions, and reboot Emby server. And guess what? It's not worked out.

It still lets me check Settings, I'm able to change all the settings that I want to. It's even updated the subtitles for the movies - cool! But I have absolutely no access to my data - neither for video nor for music.

I'm pretty sure that the trouble is not on my side. As I mentioned before, I'm using some other tool instead Emby now, and it works well. But since I bought a lifetime membership months ago I want Emby to work too.

The screenshot and log are attached, you're welcome to check them.

Hope for your help.

emby-screenshot.png

embyserver.txt

I'd DEFINITELY wait until Luke chimes in, but when Emby started acting "weird" on my ASUSTOR, I took a bit of a nuclear approach and completely removed Emby in order to start from scratch—INCLUDING WIPING ALL OF YOUR SETTINGS/PLAYLISTS/COLLECTIONS/ETC. (but not your media files as long as they are stored elsewhere on your server, which they should be).  Simply removing the uninstalling and reinstalling the package from App Central is not sufficient.  See the linked topic below.

It's also a good idea that if/when you get it working again, to use the server configuration backup plugin.  This is saved my butt at least a few times.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/2/2022 at 7:19 AM, Jägs said:

I'd DEFINITELY wait until Luke chimes in, but when Emby started acting "weird" on my ASUSTOR, I took a bit of a nuclear approach and completely removed Emby in order to start from scratch—INCLUDING WIPING ALL OF YOUR SETTINGS/PLAYLISTS/COLLECTIONS/ETC. (but not your media files as long as they are stored elsewhere on your server, which they should be).  Simply removing the uninstalling and reinstalling the package from App Central is not sufficient.  See the linked topic below.

Thanks for your idea - maybe I'll do it later as a very final step.

@Luke do you have any ideas regarding my issue?

@Luke any chance for a reply from Emby support?

However, I discovered a new issue. From time to time my Emby MacOS client works and I'm trying to do something.

A simple example. I'm trying to schedule a TV show recording. I open the channel page and choose the program to record. But then I pressed the Back button to choose another program - and that's all. Only empty screen and nothing happens. One second ago everything worked correctly.

I still cannot use Emby normally for months - just check the topic start date. I only want to fix my troubles with it.

Log file is attached, as always

embyserver.txt

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/16/2022 at 5:58 AM, Nntrsh said:

@Luke any chance for a reply from Emby support?

However, I discovered a new issue. From time to time my Emby MacOS client works and I'm trying to do something.

A simple example. I'm trying to schedule a TV show recording. I open the channel page and choose the program to record. But then I pressed the Back button to choose another program - and that's all. Only empty screen and nothing happens. One second ago everything worked correctly.

I still cannot use Emby normally for months - just check the topic start date. I only want to fix my troubles with it.

Log file is attached, as always

embyserver.txt 49.67 kB · 1 download

@Nntrsh did you setup a library pointing at your Roon database files? Notice this in the log:

2022-12-16 13:48:24.454 Info LibraryMonitor: broker_4.db (/share/HDD8-3/Music/RoonOnNAS/RoonServer/Database/Core/55c1c60efcc74ff7b1ba5f46d8fef135/broker_4.db) will be refreshed

Those database files are probably constantly being updated by Roon, and as a result the Emby Server realtime monitor is probably going crazy reacting to that.

Do you have Roon database files mixed in with your media, or how is your library structured?

Happy2Play

@Nntrsh Yes it appears you have other content in your Music folder that Emby will/could put Emby into continues real time monitoring scans.

Watching directory /share/HDD8-3/Music

LibraryMonitor: broker_4.db (/share/HDD8-3/Music/RoonOnNAS/RoonServer/Database/Core/55c1c60efcc74ff7b1ba5f46d8fef135/broker_4.db) will be refreshed.
LibraryMonitor: orbit_v3.db (/share/HDD8-3/Music/RoonOnNAS/RoonServer/Database/Orbit/orbit_v3.db) will be refreshed.

If you require this setup, you probably need to put a .ignore file in the subfolder to exclude it from Emby.