impossible to connect

Nntrsh

Nntrsh

Hi everyone. I have installed Emby server on my Asustor and clients on iOS and MacOS.

Sometimes everything works pretty well but from time to time I cannot to launch any media from my device, as well, as from the server. But it seems that I have good connection with the server, just take a look at the screens. When I trying to open, for example, Music folder I see only black screen, then I'm go to the Server settings and see that it's up to date.

It happens when I'm inside my home network as well as outside and it's totally unpredictable. Sometimes it helps when I'm restart the application for several times, but sometimes even t his method is not working. It's a really annoying thing because I never sure that I will have an access to my data when it will be necessary.

Do someone have any ideas what the reason of this situation and how to fix it?

2022-05-04 23.41.44.jpg

2022-05-04 23.41.52.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Nntrsh

Nothing is changed. Still have no access to media, with good connection to the server. Really annoying thing.

HI, can you try updating to the new 4.7 server release and see how that compares? Thanks !

Nntrsh

embyserver.txt

Well, it happened again unfortunately. Good connection with the server, even some photos were uploaded, but nothing was displayed in media sections.

The log file is attached, could you please take a look. Thanks.

On 5/21/2022 at 11:21 AM, Nntrsh said:

embyserver.txt 340.79 kB · 1 download

Well, it happened again unfortunately. Good connection with the server, even some photos were uploaded, but nothing was displayed in media sections.

The log file is attached, could you please take a look. Thanks.

Hi @Nntrsh please try removing the CoverArt plugin, then restart the server and see if that helps. Thanks.

Nntrsh
23 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi @Nntrsh please try removing the CoverArt plugin, then restart the server and see if that helps. Thanks.

Thanks @Luke looks like it works now. I'll test it a bit more and keep you updated.

Nntrsh

Hey @Luke,

I updated Emby server to the last version - and it happened again. But now I have no access to my data even after several client re-openings. There's the same situation on MacOS and iOS. The log file is attached, could you please take a look.

Thanks.

embyserver.txt

On 5/30/2022 at 11:50 AM, Nntrsh said:

Hey @Luke,

I updated Emby server to the last version - and it happened again. But now I have no access to my data even after several client re-openings. There's the same situation on MacOS and iOS. The log file is attached, could you please take a look.

Thanks.

embyserver.txt 37.26 kB · 0 downloads

HI, can you try rebooting the NAS and see if that helps? Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/4/2022 at 7:46 AM, Nntrsh said:

Thanks, @Luke

I rebooted the NAS, but it still works from time to time and totally unpredictable.

Are you still having an issue with this? 

Nntrsh

Hi @Luke yes I do have.

In last days it happens all the time. From time to time some data could be visible: for instance I can see list of the TV show episodes, but cannot open any of them. I tried to use apps for Mac and iOS, but the result is the same.

Log file is attached, could you please take a look.

embyserver.txt

Nntrsh

So, it's totally no works now. Weeks ago it worked from time to time, but now it's not. I still can connect to the server without any troubles, but there's no access to my data.

I want to be honest - as I user with the lifetime subscription, I hate this situation so much. The log file is attached. I really hope that support will solve this problem. Thanks.

embyserver.txt

Edited by Nntrsh

19 hours ago, Nntrsh said:

So, it's totally no works now. Weeks ago it worked from time to time, but now it's not. I still can connect to the server without any troubles, but there's no access to my data.

I want to be honest - as I user with the lifetime subscription, I hate this situation so much. The log file is attached. I really hope that support will solve this problem. Thanks.

embyserver.txt 1.36 MB · 1 download

Hi, please see if this helps:

Thanks.

Nntrsh

Thanks, Luke. I followed the guide above. As a result it works much better, but not stable. I'll try to test it for the next couple of days and let you know then.

Dariusz
On 6/24/2022 at 10:30 AM, Nntrsh said:

Thanks, Luke. I followed the guide above. As a result it works much better, but not stable. I'll try to test it for the next couple of days and let you know then.

out of curiosity, which type of file system are you running, btrfs or ext4?

Nntrsh
On 6/26/2022 at 3:11 AM, Dariusz said:

out of curiosity, which type of file system are you running, btrfs or ext4?

It's ext4

• 3 weeks later...
28 minutes ago, Nntrsh said:

The same trouble again :( I really don’t know what’s going wrong.

Hi, please attach the emby server log. Thanks.