Slow media start on LG TV after update to 1.0.35

torontoNW

torontoNW

Hello,

On my LGTV (55B8), EMBY takes between 30 seconds and over one minute to start playing a movie, tv show, etc. This is happening after upgrading to 1.0.35 on May 1st this year (2022).

Is it possible to roll back the app to an earlier version?

Thanks.

Stappel

I noticed a difference in loading also. Slower than before.

I think it is due to subtitles. I think it is now first extracting the subtitles from the file before it starts playing. 

Before it started playing directly and after xx seconds the subtitles appeared, now the subtitles are there right from the start.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...
caaptusss

Hello,

Same problem here, since the last update of Emby client on LG TV, i have a lot of problem when i launch a 4K film.

I have the blue circle of loading on the screen since some minutes (or more) and the client didn't take any stop command.

I don't test if i have this problem if i don't active the subtitles but if it's the problem, have you a solution ?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
shurupov

Hi

I agree with others, have the same problem after update webos client to 1.0.35 and server to 4.7.1.0.

In previous versions all work good. If waiting about 2-5 minutes of blue circle playing started and subtitles work.

requa3r0

I also have huge issues with latest LG app version 1.0.35

The menu is often missing on playback. And I have an endless spinning wheel, but video is playing just fine. There is no way to pause or go back etc.

The work-around is to jump to LG home screen with home button. This pauses the video.

The menu is back when you reload emby and the playback resumes.

Am I the only one with this issue?

I hope a new version of the app is on its way. 😉

Edited by requa3r0

Nathanael

Same issue here. The media is playing with and a spinning circle. Subtitels are not displayed. And on the server dashboard you can not see the stream playing.

It is nog happening in alle media but on most of them. The files playing are mkv h265.

After about 5min in the movie the spinning wheel disapears, the menu is usable again and the subtitels are displayed.

It seems that it is happening on the movies where the audio is transcoded. As soon as you skip, the audio is out of sync.

Edited by Nathanael

Utini

Same issue here. I believe it is because of subtitles.

In some cases it works instantly, in some cases it has to load like 5-10 minutes.

Even when it is the same file with the same subtitles.

I am connected with local network (1 Gbit/s with LG TV on 5 Ghz WiFi ACX and good signal)

SeoToX

Temporary fixes:
- extract the subtitle with an mkv extractor
- use any other client
- drop Emby

I had to buy a Chromecast with Google TV, but seriously thinking about just drop Emby, the Emby fork doesn't have these problems...

nanuk

The most simple workaround till this problem is fixed is to set the subtitles OFF in the movie/series screen befor pressing PLAY.

So the Movie/Episode will start at once like it should be... after the Movie/Episode started playing simply select and activate the requested Subs from the OSD.
This works without any problem.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

cooolboy

Same issue here with subrip type of subtitles. Been doing the workaround with setting subtitles to off before pressing play but it's super annoying. If you forget to do that you have to exit the app. Hope they fix it soon!

Edited by cooolboy

Nathanael

The workaround seems to work and have have not encountered the issue again.

Off topic, I tried the same thing on "problematic" media on my XBOX Series X/S where the app would just crash or not show the subtitle. and disabling the subtitles before start also allows the media to be played normally. And continuous to play normally even when i enable subtitles during playback.

@Cooolboy, I also have set it globally, but the "remember subtitle track selection" should also be disabled. Because otherwise when you resume a movie the subtitle is enabled by default..

• 2 weeks later...
requa3r0

@Luke

HI Luke.

Is an update for the LG emby app on the way, sorting out the issue with missing main menu and spinning wheel etc

Thanks again for a great app.

On 6/26/2022 at 4:38 AM, requa3r0 said:

@Luke

HI Luke.

Is an update for the LG emby app on the way, sorting out the issue with missing main menu and spinning wheel etc

Thanks again for a great app.

Hi there @requa3r0 can we please look at an example? Please attach the information requested in how to report a media playback issue. Thanks !

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

In this version, the changes in the Home Screen do not work either, and the solution they indicate with the subtitles works halfway, when they are activated from OSD the subtitles do not appear in the reproduction of the movie or series.
when will the new update be?

On 12/16/2022 at 2:22 AM, fbarmu said:

In this version, the changes in the Home Screen do not work either, and the solution they indicate with the subtitles works halfway, when they are activated from OSD the subtitles do not appear in the reproduction of the movie or series.
when will the new update be?

Hi, As soon as it gets through LG review.

Emby for LG TV's 1.0.37 has been released. Stay tuned to the blog for the release announcement.

Can you please try out the new update and let us know how it compares? Thanks !