Problem with Emby guide data for Fox Soccer Plus

Gilgamesh_48

Gilgamesh_48

I have Spectrum TV in Dayton TN 37321. Due to Dayton being small we get info from Cleveland TN.
I get Fox Soccer Pus channel FSCPLHD 6201 but I cannot find any guide data for it at all.
The channel does work in that I can tune to it and it plays.

When I look at the data in the spectrum app it shows that FSP is exactly as I showed it earlier and the channel number is 331. It works great with full guide data from spectrum.

While I have 2 other TV systems with spectrum, including Channels DVR. Channels uses Spectrum directly and it has no problem with guide data at all even though it is a third party just like Emby. I do have a few other things to try but I just hope I can get it to work with Emby.

For Emby I use an M3u for generated by Channels. Is it possible I need to regenerate it? I thought an M3u was just a link into guide data and so never needs to change.

Thanks for any help.

Once more I do NOT need EMBY's Live TV to work as I have plenty of ways to watch but I would really like FSP to work as well as it does under Channels DVR.

@cayars

Hello @Gilgamesh_48,

Is this cable TV via Prime tuner or some other tuner?

It sounds like you're using CDVR as the "master" then exporting this to M3U to use in other programs like Emby.  It can also export the Guide Data as well assuming you have the channels mapped in CDVR.  This will allow both systems to share the same station using a single tuner.

So one option is just to use the CDVR guide data via XML export. The other option is to only use the M3U but load guide data directly in Emby.  If done via Emby you would likely need to load 2 different guides. One for all the main channels in Dayton and another for Cleveland used for FSP.

Have you tried either of these two approaches?

Gilgamesh_48
7 minutes ago, cayars said:

Hello @Gilgamesh_48,

Is this cable TV via Prime tuner or some other tuner?

It sounds like you're using CDVR as the "master" then exporting this to M3U to use in other programs like Emby.  It can also export the Guide Data as well assuming you have the channels mapped in CDVR.  This will allow both systems to share the same station using a single tuner.

So one option is just to use the CDVR guide data via XML export. The other option is to only use the M3U but load guide data directly in Emby.  If done via Emby you would likely need to load 2 different guides. One for all the main channels in Dayton and another for Cleveland used for FSP.

Have you tried either of these two approaches?

My Channels DVR shows every channel correctly in its guide including Fox Soccer Plus. I use ONLY the data I get from using the MU3 I created some time ago.

The two options you mentioned are completely incomprehensible to me.

I do not want the two systems to share a tuner? as that makes no sens to me as I have no tuners in my system at all.

Because I only want this (Emby's DVR) to function for one reason and that is so I can test a few things. It is unimportant to me and this issue has nothing of real importance to me so I am not going to spend a lot of time and effort trying to get one unimportant thing to work. It does not have anything to do with my Rokus (which is why I was even trying to get TV working at all) so that is why I do not wish to spend much time on it.

BTW: I am only offered one choice for guide data, Emby's, so having more that one guide makes no sense either. I kind of expected TV to just work and work correctly.

For this I blame something wrong with Emby but I do not have the desire to fix this or Emby. I have reported EXACTLY what I have done and exactly what I expect and I expect it to work without much intervention from me. I am willing to go in and try to find FSP in the guide data supplied but it is NOT there. FSP does work but without guide data it is nearly useless.

I have two other places I can record anything I want so the "need" for Emby to work is small. I just wanted to help and I find a very basic function is not available to me. I just will not test Emby's TV functionality on my Rokus as I cannot use Emby for the recordings I want.

It sounds like you like pain. If not sharing the m3u/xml file you're doing the same work 3 or 4 times mapping channels or not being able to find a particular channel such as FSP in other programs.

What I hear you saying is if a user on CDVR is watching channel 10, a user on Emby is watching channel 10 and a user on one of your other setups is watching channel 10 you would prefer to use 3 of your total streams plus waste the bandwidth to pull down 2 additional copies of the same thing? Sounds like a waste of resources and a lot more work to me.

Think of "tuner" as input source. Doesn't matter if the source in CDVR is m3u, OTA, Cable, TVE, or the other methods of content they let you add from other online services.  If it shows up in the guide for CDVR you can use it in any other program that supports m3u/xml as well using CDVR as a middle man so only one copy of the media is needed regardless of how many times you restream it.

That allows you to customize your TV setup in one place removing channels you may not want (other languages, shopping channels, infomercial, etc), then organizing it how you like and using the results in multiple other places. You could for example feed this to NextPVR because you prefer the recording engine, feed it to Emby because of the robust client support, feed it to an particular IPTV on your phone you really like the UI of, etc

So if for whatever reason you don't want to share tuners and would rather purchase/pay for multiple sources to use that of course is up to you. You can certainly add said source to Emby, add a guide source for Dayton used for most channels ,then add a 2nd guide source for Cleveland for the one sports channel and this will work fine as well. Many of us do this when we have additional channels in our lineup from adjacent markets that don't show up in the normal guide.  Emby accommodates this perfectly.

There is no limit in Emby how many guide sources you can use.  I've got 12 guides added for one feed alone in order to cover the different channels. After setting on a guide click the + plus sign and add another guide.

For clarification, Emby and CDVR use the same source data but acquire it differently. Emby uses a postal code approach while CDVR a station/call letter approach.  With CDVR there will be one guide but it's assembled differently. The CDVR approach is nicer in some ways as it can match more channels from the start especially if you're in mixed markets but it can be a real choice trying to match a channel that uses an old or alternate call sign. Sometimes it will auto match without telling you it's guessing at some channels which you won't know until you manually check everything or get back recordings. If Emby can't match the channel it will leave it to you to handle which is what you see with FSP that likely just needs the second guide added.

Gilgamesh_48

You could well be correct but it no longer matters. I only enabled Emby's Live TV to test some things. I do not "need" to handle this issue any more. I have two other places where I both see and record and I believe that is plenty.

Thank you for trying to help. it is I that does not need the help for now.

One more thing I have no users but me. and I never watch more than one media file at a time.