Episode screen backdrop

dredd1963

1 minute ago, dredd1963 said:

Hi ebr it's the apple tv theme

I've reverted that particular change for now but there's a good chance the apple tv and light themes will be going in that direction, that their detail screens will in fact be light to match.

dredd1963

Hi luke just notice that, on 4:3 it's still showing a clip from the show as seem in the pic below. 

Personally from what I've seem there was to much white, maybe the backdrop could show bit more through in the white. Anyway that's just my feeling. 

165240149766434967635.jpg

Just now, dredd1963 said:

Hi luke just notice that, on 4:3 it's still showing a clip from the show as seem in the pic below. 

Personally from what I've seem there was to much white, maybe the backdrop could show bit more through in the white. Anyway that's just my feeling. 

165240149766434967635.jpg

Yes we should make it show a bit more, we just also have to make sure the text will be readable.

dredd1963

At the end of the day it's a balancing act I suppose. 

• Thanks 1

Milldor

The old method of having a smaller thumbnail next to the tile was far better. Could we have an option to change between the two or revert?

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Milldor said:

The old method of having a smaller thumbnail next to the tile was far better. Could we have an option to change between the two or revert?

Isn't a show backdrop much better?  Its just that Theater isn't currently using the show backdrop?

20220505_210518.jpg

Lee

@Luke previously said this could be an option, i'd like to think so. this looks poor on my 65" TV the background is too blurry looks a mess.

• Like 1

Lee
1 minute ago, ebr said:

Isn't a show backdrop much better?  Its just that Theater isn't currently using the show backdrop?

20220505_210518.jpg

i guess it's a matter of opinion, but it's a no from me. i like the episode backdrops - but i like them in a tile. at least in the windows "metro" environment..

Just now, Lee said:

i like the episode backdrops - but i like them in a tile

That isn't a backdrop - it is the primary image for the episode which, when shown as a backdrop, I agree, doesn't look that hot.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...
Lee
On 16/05/2022 at 21:04, ebr said:

That isn't a backdrop - it is the primary image for the episode which, when shown as a backdrop, I agree, doesn't look that hot.

is there going to be an option for the "metro" style revert then? pretty please with sugar on top!

• 3 weeks later...
On 02/06/2022 at 19:46, Luke said:

OK it's been updated to use the series backdrop instead. Thanks.

Can we not get the option for it to look like before? i like the episode pic, but the quality of them makes it look awful a letterboxed one fit in better with the UI in my opinion.

9 minutes ago, Lee said:

Can we not get the option for it to look like before? i like the episode pic, but the quality of them makes it look awful a letterboxed one fit in better with the UI in my opinion.

If you mean an option to always show the poster, yes, that's on the to do list.

• Like 1

lorac

Can we get more backdrops in the cycle? With so much media it seems odd to see the same ones over and over. 

• 1 month later...

is the image grab from the episode going to reappear? it was miles better that way. half the time i can't tell if i've moved on an episode. just watched the sopranos and every episode screen looks the same, old version was better. i don't understand the change? what's the point of grabbing images from episodes in the server if they aren't utilised..

3 minutes ago, Lee said:

is the image grab from the episode going to reappear? it was miles better that way. half the time i can't tell if i've moved on an episode. just watched the sopranos and every episode screen looks the same, old version was better. i don't understand the change? what's the point of grabbing images from episodes in the server if they aren't utilised..

An option to control it can certainly be added.

On 03/08/2022 at 22:04, Luke said:

An option to control it can certainly be added.

pretty please

• Thanks 1

• 1 year later...

@Lee @seanbuff @arrbee99

An option is being added to control the display of posters on detail screens.  This will allow you to add the poster in TV layouts, which up until now has not been configurable. 

This will also allow you to take it out from non-TV layouts if you wish, like for example the web app on a desktop.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Can the amount of backdrops being used as part of the screen saver be increased? It's a ridiculously low number and the ones chosen don't change unless the server is rebooted. 

• Thanks 1

On 10/20/2023 at 12:51 PM, Luke said:

@Lee @seanbuff @arrbee99

An option is being added to control the display of posters on detail screens.  This will allow you to add the poster in TV layouts, which up until now has not been configurable. 

This will also allow you to take it out from non-TV layouts if you wish, like for example the web app on a desktop.

This is testable now in Theater.

On 25/10/2023 at 00:31, Luke said:

This is testable now in Theater.

How do you change this? I've just looked thru the settings and couldn't find anything. I assume it's in app settings? Any help greatly appreciated. 

arrbee99

Just found it Theater near the bottom in 'Display' settings. Didn't spot it the first time I looked but did after closing and re-opening. Whether it updated or I just didn't look properly, who knows...