LiveTV / DVR - Using M3U list: Recordings Issue

VisiPunk

VisiPunk

For a few weeks now, my scheduled recordings start, then fail for whatever reason. Log is attached. I viewed the log but cannot tell if this is a problem with my Emby server or my IPTV service. Recordings are hit or miss, sometimes they work, sometimes they don't. 

Example: 'Survivor' is setup as a series record, new episodes on CBS at 8pm Eastern. Tonight's episode recorded 17 mins then dropped. Why is this happening?

Survivor.JPG

embyserver.txt

Hi, does your service have a limit on simultaneous streams? It could be that they are cutting streams off due to that.

VisiPunk
24 minutes ago, Luke said:

Hi, does your service have a limit on simultaneous streams? It could be that they are cutting streams off due to that.

It does but we have a 3 connection plan and only use Emby for live tv. Plus, my wife hardly ever watches live TV nor do I, I just setup shows to record.

VisiPunk
15 hours ago, Luke said:

@VisiPunk are you still having an issue with this?

Yes, but I am going to make some changes based on what my IPTV provider suggested.

• 2 weeks later...
VisiPunk

This is still not working. Survivor was the only schedule today at 8pm eastern time. There is no sign of it in the logs or in the library. Since this is an OTA station, I think I am just going to spend the $30 and get an OTA DVR at Walmart and be done with this nonsense.

image.thumb.png.f9c2adf81173c4a885702a85d5041a1c.png

10 minutes ago, VisiPunk said:

This is still not working. Survivor was the only schedule today at 8pm eastern time. There is no sign of it in the logs or in the library. Since this is an OTA station, I think I am just going to spend the $30 and get an OTA DVR at Walmart and be done with this nonsense.

image.thumb.png.f9c2adf81173c4a885702a85d5041a1c.png

Hi, try unchecking the option for new episodes only.

VisiPunk

Recorded movie on the fly, recorded 1 hour at 3am then dropped. No other users were using the service. I'm going to chalk this up to IPTV is just hit and miss and for me its just not going to work. Thanks anyway.

18 hours ago, VisiPunk said:

Recorded movie on the fly, recorded 1 hour at 3am then dropped. No other users were using the service. I'm going to chalk this up to IPTV is just hit and miss and for me its just not going to work. Thanks anyway.

Please attach the emby server log from when you tried to do this. Thanks.