Play button not working

Trivial
Go to solution Solved by Trivial,

Ho Folks,

I am using Windows 7 PCs for both Media Browser server & Media Browser client.

When I go onto the client, I can see all the libraries, no issue.   I can see all the movies, all the pretty pictures and covers, everything.

But I cannot seem to play the movie.   All the play, fast forward, rewind, etc buttons do nothing.  They are grayed out and pressing them does nothing.

Any thoughts on this?

Thanks.

Beardyname

Is it the remote control from the web-interface you are trying to click around in? (In that case try playing a movie before you try to remote control)

It is absolutely Multimedia Browser client I am using - specifically Media Browser classic.

No UNC shares, just straight Multimedia Browser server to client.   Not trying to use the remote control or anything.   I'm in the client on a Windows PC, and it is not working.

Thanks.

Try looking in the knowledge base of this forum about setting up your library using UNC shares

Edited by Vidman

Since the only FF and Rew buttons that exist are actually the WMC transport controls themselves and they only light up when something is actually playing, I'm thinking maybe the user isn't pressing the proper buttons.

A picture would definitely help us understand.

• Solution

I figured this out.   This took forever.   Looks like my monitor was not at a high enough resolution to use the Chocolate Theme.   When I attached the computer to a higher end monitor, and changed the resolution to 1920 x 1080 - everything worked perfectly.   I was shocked that the resolution of the monitor would have such a high impact, and could not play movies in the Chocolate Theme, but seemed to work no issue with other themes.

1024 x 768

I could play movies no problem in Windows Media Player with this resolution.   I could even change the theme inside Media Browser client, and it would work at 1024 x 768.

Just the default chocolate theme doesn't work at 1024 x 768 as none of the buttons work.

That is a 4:3 resolution that we don't see much anymore in media displays.  I know some small things don't work in that format but I've never seen anyone report they couldn't play.