4k content not playing smoothly

AStream

AStream

Hello, were these updates implemented? I notice that I am having a very similar issue when trying to play 4k HEVC content on my Apple TV. The video will play, however, it is not smooth and skips heavily. It quickly becomes out of sync with the audio to where it can possibly be many scenes behind. I reviewed another post that said to make sure that subs are turned off before playback, however that doesn't seem to be a cause or resolve to the issue. 1080p video plays and looks perfectly fine, so not sure if it is just something I am missing, or if there is still an update in the works to resolve this. My Apple TV is up to date and my emby app is a recent install, so it's the most current version as well. Any assistance on this is greatly appreciated.

vdatanet
5 minutes ago, AStream said:

Hello, were these updates implemented? I notice that I am having a very similar issue when trying to play 4k HEVC content on my Apple TV. The video will play, however, it is not smooth and skips heavily. It quickly becomes out of sync with the audio to where it can possibly be many scenes behind. I reviewed another post that said to make sure that subs are turned off before playback, however that doesn't seem to be a cause or resolve to the issue. 1080p video plays and looks perfectly fine, so not sure if it is just something I am missing, or if there is still an update in the works to resolve this. My Apple TV is up to date and my emby app is a recent install, so it's the most current version as well. Any assistance on this is greatly appreciated.

These claims have been made for quite some time. The problem is complex to fix and I would not expect a short-term solution. As a workaround you could use Infuse, it works very well with Emby and is a great player.

• Like 1

AStream
2 hours ago, vdatanet said:

These claims have been made for quite some time. The problem is complex to fix and I would not expect a short-term solution. As a workaround you could use Infuse, it works very well with Emby and is a great player.

Thank you for this. Just checked it out and I like the interface of infuse a lot, however, I'm not sure I want to pay for yet another service, so I'm hoping the devs are able to come up with something. I agree that it may be more complex than some of us are giving credit to or are aware of. Being a new user, I'm loving all of the things emby offers, I'm just hoping this isn't a (long term) set back.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...