Play next episode button is missing in player

NailClipper

NailClipper

Hi!

I don't know if this is a bug or just simply designed like that, because I have been having this since forever.

In the image I attached, there is no Next button. I can make it appear by turning on "Play next episode automatically" in Playback settings. It is weird because when playing next episode should be manual, the button is removed.

It is such a hassle because I have to hit back into the episode list and choose next episode. A "next" button would be a great help. A "previous" button as well.

If this is a feature, I kindly asking it to be added. And if it is a bug, I kindly asking it to be fixed.

Version: I have been using Emby for at least a year and this happen for all versions. But currently I am on 3.2.47.

Device: Samsung S21 Ultra & OnePlus 5T

Thank you!

IMG_20220504_073854_088.jpg

I can make it appear by turning on "Play next episode automatically" in Playback settings.

Hi, for now I would do this. Eventually we'll rework that feature.

vdatanet
6 hours ago, NailClipper said:

It is weird because when playing next episode should be manual, the button is removed.

I suppose that when "Play next episode automatically" is disabled, only one episode is sent to the playback queue, since there is only one item in the playback queue, the button to skip to the next item does not appear because there is no next item.

NailClipper
6 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi, for now I would do this. Eventually we'll rework that feature.

I see. I usually have that feature turned on, but it is annoying when I fall asleep (I always do😅). 

It will play a few episodes before stopping, thanks to "Are You Still Watching" feature.

Hopefully it will be implemented soon. Thanks for your reply :)

NailClipper
3 hours ago, vdatanet said:

I suppose that when "Play next episode automatically" is disabled, only one episode is sent to the playback queue, since there is only one item in the playback queue, the button to skip to the next item does not appear because there is no next item.

I see. Would be great if this is improved.

• Thanks 1