Backup manually

HeroLeam

HeroLeam

Hello guys, I know there is a standard way to backup, but it is only available for premium, and as I only use it for myself, I don't see the need to get the paid version, but there was a way to make a backup manual, for example go to the windows appdata and copy the folder that are there, and then if you format the pc just play it again in the same place? would it work that way? the backup would be more to keep the user created along with what I've already watched and also the metadata of the files, for example series name, episode name and etc, so you don't have to recheck everything again and have to manually mark what Already watched.

Because I'm going to be buying a new machine, so since I'm going to have to reinstall everything again, I didn't want to have to do all this work again, since everything is already pretty organized.

pwhodges

Simplest is to copy the directory containing Emby, and all its subdirectories.  If you also ensure that all the paths to your library folders are the same, then it should just work™ without any installation.  On reflection, I don't know if the various scheduled tasks will get rescheduled automatically...

Paul

HeroLeam
1 hour ago, pwhodges said:

Simplest is to copy the directory containing Emby, and all its subdirectories.  If you also ensure that all the paths to your library folders are the same, then it should just work™ without any installation.  On reflection, I don't know if the various scheduled tasks will get rescheduled automatically...

Paul

very good, I thought it was not possible, thanks for the reply!