emby show content from differents folders that the library

pgell
Go to solution Solved by pgell,

pgell

Hello.

I have defined two different libraries for my music, each of them with their own folders.

If I have the same record in both libraries, emby shows the songs of that record duplicated in both libraries.

Why emby shows content in a library from folders not defined for this library? How can I avoid it?

Spaceboy
21 minutes ago, pgell said:

Hello.

I have defined two different libraries for my music, each of them with their own folders.

If I have the same record in both libraries, emby shows the songs of that record duplicated in both libraries.

Why emby shows content in a library from folders not defined for this library? How can I avoid it?

use folder view or restrict access to the library.

pgell
6 hours ago, Spaceboy said:

use folder view or restrict access to the library.

What do you mean with restrict access to the library?

Thanks for your help

pgell

Ok. I understand.

But that doesn't resolve my problem. I need access for both libraries.

Thanks for your help, anyway.

Spaceboy

yeah thats just how emby works. i guess the important question is - why do you feel the need to have the same music in 2 different libraries?

• Solution
pgell

Yes, you are right. It's my particular situation.

I have left some space in my emby hard drive for a family member to keep his own music collection and we have some common records, obviously.

I know about databases developing and I know it is impossible to cover the requirements of everybody always.

Don't worry. You can mark this as fixed.

Thank you very much.

Happy2Play

Yes this is a known issue as Emby currently does not really support multiple libraries of same music/multiple versions.  It currently merges all same albums no matter where they are located.

Only way around this is if they are different Releases then they would have different MBZ ids or changing Album names.

Tweaked Album name on the tracks, But Artists/Album Artists views are not parentid restricted so will show all items for Artist no matter there location.

image.png.43a3e4c27afe0fe86d3ffc1068f4c230.png

Could be something like, but believe it will come down to exactly how your tracks are tagged.

Seven (flac)

Seven (mp3)