Emby always shows "Dec 31 18:59:59 1969" as date added.

echoxxzz

echoxxzz

For some reason new episodes are not showing up on the Emby home screen and it's because Emby is now using the files creation date as the date the show is added to the database. If I look back at old shows prior to Dec 2021 when it was working, Emby was using the last accessed date as the date the show was added. 

The problem with using creation date (aka birth date) is not all file systems support creation date. In particular I'm using FreeBSD and I have several libraries mapped to folders that are NFS mountpoints and NFS doesn't support creation date and just gives back "Dec 31 18:59:59 1969" for every file.

Is there any reason why Emby isn't using the last modified date? Or maybe if you get back a garbage date like 1969 as creation date then use the last modified date instead.

seanbuff

What do you have configured under the 'Advanced' tab of your Library settings?

image.png.a99b6309e9cbc1302b65c2ebe1ff4cb6.png

You currently have the option of either:

• Created date
  • Date scanned into library

echoxxzz

I changed it to Date scanned into library and did a Full Scan and it still shows 1969. Should I delete the library and re-create it?

Happy2Play
1 hour ago, echoxxzz said:

I changed it to Date scanned into library and did a Full Scan and it still shows 1969. Should I delete the library and re-create it?

Yes you would have to remove/readd the library as this setting only applies as the items are imported.

• Like 1