Cannot play Live camera feed from security CAM

FlatScreen

I'm afraid, there's nothing that Emby can do about this, this is something outside the reach of Emby.

Let's summarize the situation:

• You have on computer (A) on which you can receive packets from the camera with ffmpeg
  • You have another computer (B) (on which you run Emby) where you cannot receive packets from the camera with ffmpeg (using the same command and the same ffmpeg).,
  • You say you can receive the stream with VLC - but only from computer A

It must be something about network communication, firewall, nat (if involved), port forwarding (if involved) or similar.

Unless you can't receive the stream on computer B at all, there's nothing that Emby can do.

FlatScreen

I am gonna test one more thing. I am going to install Emby (non - premium version) on computer A where VLC works, and see how it goes.

Happy2Play

@Abobaderwould that be you or another admin to update Website footer?

• Like 1

Well, simple code can add year auto without the need to edit manually.

• Like 1

Happy2Play
1 minute ago, HSEmbyBox said:

Is this the Emby website or the actual software web interface code?

It is just the website.  No server or web client code is public.

• Like 1

On 5/15/2022 at 11:09 PM, softworkz said:

I'm afraid, there's nothing that Emby can do about this, this is something outside the reach of Emby.

• You have on computer (A) on which you can receive packets from the camera with ffmpeg
  • You have another computer (B) (on which you run Emby) where you cannot receive packets from the camera with ffmpeg (using the same command and the same ffmpeg).,

It must be something about network communication, firewall, nat (if involved), port forwarding (if involved) or similar.

Unless you can't receive the stream on computer B at all, there's nothing that Emby can do.

On 5/16/2022 at 2:14 AM, HSEmbyBox said:

I am gonna test one more thing. I am going to install Emby (non - premium version) on computer A where VLC works, and see how it goes.

How did that go, actually?

FlatScreen
5 minutes ago, softworkz said:

How did that go, actually?

I have yet to find free time to give this a go. I am probably gonna test it around weekend.

• Thanks 1

FlatScreen

TV is only available in Emby Premiere. Is it possible to move the license key temporarily to test Windows box and then pull it back to original hardware?

• 2 months later...
FlatScreen

image.png.8e5650eb44c0b2cd9b0213a680cefdae.png

* Emby box has firewall totally disabled. Computer is restarted i.e. power cycled.
* Using Emby 4.8.0.7 Beta
* OS is fully updated as of this writing 
* ffmpeg version 4.2.7-0ubuntu0.1
* VLC works OK with the RTSP URL, on Emby box and from any other devices on the LAN. As of now I have connected a monitor with Emby box for troubleshooting. 
* Tried Emby on Windows 10 Pro, (separate bare-metal) using same camera, but no joy so far

Any further suggestions?

FlatScreen

Also, is this normal?

$ /opt/emby-server/bin/ffmpeg       
/opt/emby-server/bin/ffmpeg: error while loading shared libraries: libavdevice.so.59: cannot open shared object file: No such f
ile or directory

7 minutes ago, HSEmbyBox said:

Also, is this normal?

If you're trying to use our ffmpeg build from the command line, yes that is normal. there is a way though, it's just not as simple as that.

FlatScreen
On 5/15/2022 at 10:09 PM, softworkz said:

Computer "B", where Emby is installed, also has VLC working without any issue with that rtsp URL.
Firewall is disabled on Computer "B"

1 hour ago, HSEmbyBox said:

Also, is this normal?

$ /opt/emby-server/bin/ffmpeg       
/opt/emby-server/bin/ffmpeg: error while loading shared libraries: libavdevice.so.59: cannot open shared object file: No such f
ile or directory

Run /opt/emby-server/bin/ffmpeg-emby instead.

Can you please provide a new log file example from the latest version of the server? Thanks.

9 hours ago, HSEmbyBox said:

Any further suggestions?

19 hours ago, softworkz said:

Run /opt/emby-server/bin/ffmpeg-emby instead.