There was an error saving the TV provider.

ctine2020

ctine2020

Hi - I've been running Emby with my IPTV via m3u from epg.best for a few years.  For some reason it just stopped working today.  I went in to verify the M3U was correct, and when I verified and clicked save I was given the message:  There was an error saving the TV provider. Please ensure it is accessible and try again.  Also, if I try to play an individual channel within the guide, it says:  No compatible streams are currently available. Please try again later or contact your system administrator for details.

I verified that the m3u links work in Perfect Player, and I can physically download the file to my PC.  I'm not really sure what could have suddenly happened.  Any insight?

Emby Log.txt

15 hours ago, ctine2020 said:

Didn't even know I was that far behind.  Weird.  I had auto update on and it said I was up to date.  I'm good on that now, but the problem still exists.  Log reattached.

embyserver (1).txt 177.41 kB · 1 download

Hi, are you sure this is the right log file? The activity I see here looks like trying to play a channel, not setting up a tv provider.

In any case your provider is rejecting those requests with 401 unauthorized responses,  so you'll need to find out why they're doing that. It might be that you'll have to do something like customize the user agent to make emby server appear as some other type of software, and then they'll allow it.

ctine2020

Here is the latest and greatest.  I just tried to save the m3u file in the tuner only rather than accessing the channels.

I wonder if they updated something on the provider end that all the sudden isn't liking Emby.  I have no idea how to customize a user agent.  Is that the reverse proxy nginx set up I have looked at?

embyserver.txt

It looks like you're trying to do this from our hosted web app. As a test, can you try doing it from your local web app?

Using the server machine just open up localhost:8096

ctine2020

I got this to work and it doesn't appear to be anything that emby or my iptv provider were doing weird.  I use epg.best to edit my epg and it seems that the old channel settings just don't work. Once I put the plain m3u+ link versus the one from epg.best it works.

Now I just have to wait for the old epg info to flush out.  The legacy tags, favorites etc are still in emby but those are the stations that don't work.  For example, if I type in CBS Columbus, I can see the channel logo that I used to use and if I click on it I get no compatible streams.  If I search CBS Columbus and click on the unfamiliar logo it will work.  

I removed the old tuner info and epg link so I'm hoping it just clears or flushes the cache of old info or whatever at some point so I'm not getting double channels where half work and half don't.