Playback / buffering issue on all platforms

mateuszkiljan

mateuszkiljan

Good Afternoon,

A temporary fix to a buffering / playback issue that was resolved during a conversation within this forum, sadly the issue has returned. This time the playback/buffering is not isolated to the ROKU devices. It affects every device except playing directly from the Emby server on the machine the server resides. 

The log attached was downloaded right after attempting to view the same TV series episode on multiple platforms:  ROKU device and iPhone.

Home mesh network tested:  Avg. upload speed 140 mb download, 10 mb upload

Emby Server hardware:

MacBook Pro (15-inch, Mid 2012)

Processor: 2.7 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7

Memory:  16 GB 1333 MHz DDR3

Graphics:  Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536 MB

All files pertaining to Emby are store on a mounted external HDD:  Seagate Portable, 5TB, 120MB/s

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

IMG_2694.PNG

embyserver.txt

mateuszkiljan

A quick update, the issue has persisted and now any TV Series and Movie will stop playback and nothing will happen, just stuck with no indication that anything is happening, 

19 hours ago, mateuszkiljan said:

Good Afternoon,

A temporary fix to a buffering / playback issue that was resolved during a conversation within this forum, sadly the issue has returned. This time the playback/buffering is not isolated to the ROKU devices. It affects every device except playing directly from the Emby server on the machine the server resides. 

The log attached was downloaded right after attempting to view the same TV series episode on multiple platforms:  ROKU device and iPhone.

Home mesh network tested:  Avg. upload speed 140 mb download, 10 mb upload

Emby Server hardware:

MacBook Pro (15-inch, Mid 2012)

Processor: 2.7 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7

Memory:  16 GB 1333 MHz DDR3

Graphics:  Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536 MB

All files pertaining to Emby are store on a mounted external HDD:  Seagate Portable, 5TB, 120MB/s

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

IMG_2694.PNG

embyserver.txt 207.16 kB · 1 download

hi, what time did you try to play during the time of this log?

mateuszkiljan

My apologies, but I cannot remember. I believe it was late morning or early afternoon. I can try playback again now and provide a log if that would help.

mateuszkiljan

Attached is the log from this morning, multiple attempts at playback between 08:09 and 08:21 am. Attempted playback on the Emby app on a MacBook Pro as well as a Roku device.

embyserver.txt

Hi, are you just getting slow local network performance? Perhaps try rebooting your router.