New update same problems......

Hopeab

Hopeab

Hi,

I saw there was a new update and I left it for a week or less. I did the update yesterday along with the TerraMaster update and again I can not access Emby! It keeps on coming up that access is denied. I checked the program through Terramaster and it showed as stopped. I could not restart it again. I have uninstalled the app and reinstalled through the Emby website. It did work for about 3 hours and then stopped. I have never been able to access my library out side of my home network since the update. 

Now each time I log on it shows me there is an Emby update through TerraMaster but it just hangs on 0% done. I have become shy to do any updates after all of the problems I have had in the past. I have spent weeks rebuilding my library and I really hope it does not become a problem where I have to take very thing off and start all over again from scratch!

Any help you can give me would be great.

Hi, that's really odd because we did not submit any update to them. They emailed us and asked if we were going to support their new NAS models, which I responded and said we're working on it, but maybe they did something to the package to try and add in the support themselves.

What is the version of the server that you're on now?

Hopeab

Hi Luke,

The current server version is: 4.2.32-2203011626

As soon as I updated to the new TOS it kicked out Emby. After playing around a little.... I managed to uninstall the app and reinstall but using the version that TerraMaster has. It worked for about 10mins and then kicked me out. Now it tells me that "Invalid username or password" for all accounts. 

IMG_0508.JPEG

Hopeab

No problem. Should I just install from the normal or the BETA version? I will uninstall the version I have now as I have tried before over installing and it would not work.

Hopeab

UPDATE.........

I have unstilled the app and then did a reinstall from the link you gave me. The good news is that Emby is working now. Thank you Luke. The down side is that it can not be contacted outside of my home network. It comes up as "Connection Failure". I can contact my server normally outside of the network but can not contact Emby. 

Any ideas you have would be great.

Hopeab

Morning,

Just an other update.... The new install worked for about half hour and then stopped. Looking at the app on my terramaster and it shows as stopped. I have tried to restart it but it will not. I will try the BETA download and see if that makes any difference.

Hopeab

Hi Luke,

I have tried all of the above and none worked. It would start on first install but after about an hour it would stop and not start again. The Terramaster will then tell me there is an update but it would hang from there and never complete a update.

7 hours ago, Hopeab said:

Morning,

Just an other update.... The new install worked for about half hour and then stopped. Looking at the app on my terramaster and it shows as stopped. I have tried to restart it but it will not. I will try the BETA download and see if that makes any difference.

Can you please attach the emby server log from when this happened? Thanks.

Hopeab

Hi will do after the weekend. I am away with work till Monday night UK time.

thanks for the reply Luke.👍

13 minutes ago, Hopeab said:

Hi Luke,

How do I get the Emby Server Log? 

Thanks

In the logs section of the server web interface.

Hopeab

Hi Luke,

Ok it did not work at all. I have to uninstall and reinstall. The files from the web-site did not work at all. They would not install. I have done a fresh install from Terramaster and they looked too work but then it would not recognise username or password! Since then it has stopped and will not start again. Pictures added. So I do not know how I can get a log for you.

ThanksIMG_0518.thumb.JPEG.03520a3583a5af0bc659673394c3ad55.JPEG 

IMG_0519.JPEG

Hopeab

As you can see from the picture it will not install. I have tried the normal download and the BETA download and they come up the same. If I uninstall the app it will let me in stall direct from Terramaster but that is when it just stops and will not restart. For your peace of mind I am downloading the right files for my NAS.

IMG_0520.JPEG

Hopeab

Hi Luke,

Due to the same problems that I have had before, does it mean I am going to have to delete all of Emby off my NAS as start everything again? I have a large collection and I spend days and months working it. In part that is why I was so shy to update this time because of all of the problems I had last time. 

Thanks

Hopeab

Hi,

To close off this thread I thought I would reply with an update.

After reading through the replies on this thread I did a complete reinstall of the OS on my server. It did work but that means I had to redo my Emby libraries again! Not wanting to do this each time there is an update, I have brought a new NAS. I have gone over to Asustor. So far it works a lot better. It is a lot more easy to use and little to no delays in streaming movies. The best thing I could have done.

I just want to say thank you to Luke for all of his kind help. 👍