Fast forwarding rewinds instead of forwarding

Hackerhash782

Hackerhash782

As the title says, in some videos (not all of them), whenever I fast forward, this rewinds instead. What can I do to fix this? The rewind button works as intended. The client is an LG WebOS TV.

Edited by Hackerhash782

Hi there, can you please go over an example of one that it does work on and one that it doesn't? Thanks.

Hackerhash782

It’s random. It happened mid-way when I was watching a movie. I ignored it but then it happened again with another movie. I can’t remember which one was the first one but the more recent one is The Wolverine.

@SamES

Hackerhash782

I had a similar issue with Plex on top of another problem and fixed it by disabling Direct Play/Stream, but I can’t find those options on Emby.

SamES

The only time I've seen something like this is occasionally when watching Live TV recordings in a .ts container.  For some reason, occasionally the timings get messed up and the 'on-screen' time doesn't match the time in the playback streams.  So in this case, if the internal stream is 1 minute behind the actual playback time and  you skip forward 30 seconds, the net result is that you end up going back 30 seconds instead of forwards.

Can you provide the media information for one of these movies?  If you rewatch the same movie and try and skip forward again from the same location does it occur again?  You would have to watch it from the start as the effect may be cumulative, ie: you can't just skip to that spot and start watching as it may not occur.  It's possible that the movie is badly encoded, especially if you see the same issue with Plex.

If you drop the quality down in the playback settings so that is a lower bitrate (but same resolution) as the actual video, the server will force a transcode of the video which might resolve it for you.  Just remember to change it back to auto as it will affect all playbacks if you leave this set.

Hackerhash782

FYI, I meant to say ‘Rewinding instead of fast forwarding’ but I don’t know how to edit the title.

SamES
36 minutes ago, Hackerhash782 said:

FYI, I meant to say ‘Rewinding instead of fast forwarding’ but I don’t know how to edit the title.

No problem, the same effect I described can occur both ways.  

• 7 months later...

Emby for LG TV's 1.0.37 has been released. Stay tuned to the blog for the release announcement.

Can you please try out the new update and let us know how it compares? Thanks !