Tvheadend Plugi ln isn't working

fallenwitch3r

fallenwitch3r

Since the live TV starting and channel switching take so much time using an m3u file I tried to use the tvheadend plugin but it does not work. 

My configuration

I use tvheadends m3u file with emby.

My plan

Using the embys tvheadend plugin

The configuration of this plugin is simple. Add the server address and enter the login data.

Tvheadend recognise emby and emby starts to import the channels.

But I got "no available streams" If I try to start a channel.

The user I created in tvheadend to use the plugin has all necessary rights. I tried it with and without Auth code / digest and plain enabled/disabled.

Any ideas how to get this running?

fallenwitch3r

Tvheadend logs this

2022-04-27 09:43:33.344 htsp: Got connection from ::ffff:127.0.0.1
2022-04-27 09:43:33.367 htsp: ::ffff:127.0.0.1: Identified as user 'emby-tvh' (unverified)
2022-04-27 09:43:33.367 htsp: ::ffff:127.0.0.1 [ emby-tvh ]: Welcomed client software: TVHclient4Emby-4.7.0.35 (HTSPv20)
2022-04-27 09:43:33.383 htsp: ::ffff:127.0.0.1 [ emby-tvh | TVHclient4Emby-4.7.0.35 ]: Identified as user 'emby-tvh'
2022-04-27 09:43:33.384 htsp: ::ffff:127.0.0.1 [ emby-tvh | TVHclient4Emby-4.7.0.35 ]: Privileges updated

My System is running Ubuntu

TVheadend plugin is running on http://localhost:9981

Also i noticed that emby is transcoding every tv stream even on the local network. I think that should not happen because i activate direct play in the Emby app.

The long starting time using tvheadend m3u is because emby is restarting one stream 3/5 times before the steam finally starts.

This is not happening when i start an m3u online stream

Is fixed by using the pass profile

Every local stream get Deinterlace but this option is in all apps deactivated

2022-04-27 10:19:25.638 http: ::ffff:192.168.178.32: using auth 000000 for /tvheadend/stream/channelid/1191117965
2022-04-27 10:19:25.639 mpegts: 394MHz in VODAFONE - tuning on Silicon Labs Si2168 #3 : DVB-C #0
2022-04-27 10:19:25.639 subscription: 034C: "HTTP" subscribing on channel "ProSieben", weight: 100, adapter: "Silicon Labs Si2168 #3 : DVB-C #0", network: "VODAFONE", mux: "394MHz", provider: "Unitymedia", service: "ProSieben", profile="matroska", hostname="::ffff:192.168.178.32", username="htpc", client="VLC/3.0.0-git LibVLC/3.0.0-git"
2022-04-27 10:19:26.636 subscription: 034C: "HTTP" unsubscribing from "ProSieben", hostname="::ffff:192.168.178.32", username="htpc", client="VLC/3.0.0-git LibVLC/3.0.0-git"
2022-04-27 10:19:29.280 http: ::ffff:192.168.178.32: using auth 000000 for /tvheadend/stream/channelid/1191117965
2022-04-27 10:19:29.280 mpegts: 394MHz in VODAFONE - tuning on Silicon Labs Si2168 #3 : DVB-C #0
2022-04-27 10:19:29.281 subscription: 034D: "HTTP" subscribing on channel "ProSieben", weight: 100, adapter: "Silicon Labs Si2168 #3 : DVB-C #0", network: "VODAFONE", mux: "394MHz", provider: "Unitymedia", service: "ProSieben", profile="matroska", hostname="::ffff:192.168.178.32", username="htpc", client="VLC/3.0.0-git LibVLC/3.0.0-git"
2022-04-27 10:19:31.563 subscription: 034D: "HTTP" unsubscribing from "ProSieben", hostname="::ffff:192.168.178.32", username="htpc", client="VLC/3.0.0-git LibVLC/3.0.0-git"
2022-04-27 10:19:31.817 http: ::ffff:192.168.178.32: using auth 000000 for /tvheadend/stream/channelid/1191117965
2022-04-27 10:19:31.817 mpegts: 394MHz in VODAFONE - tuning on Silicon Labs Si2168 #3 : DVB-C #0
2022-04-27 10:19:31.818 subscription: 034E: "HTTP" subscribing on channel "ProSieben", weight: 100, adapter: "Silicon Labs Si2168 #3 : DVB-C #0", network: "VODAFONE", mux: "394MHz", provider: "Unitymedia", service: "ProSieben", profile="matroska", hostname="::ffff:192.168.178.32", username="htpc", client="VLC/3.0.0-git LibVLC/3.0.0-git"
2022-04-27 10:20:04.922 subscription: 034E: "HTTP" unsubscribing from "ProSieben", hostname="::ffff:192.168.178.32", username="htpc", client="VLC/3.0.0-git LibVLC/3.0.0-git"

embyserver.txt

Edited by fallenwitch3r

fallenwitch3r
43 minutes ago, Luke said:

Hi, please attach the ffmpeg log as well. Thanks.

there is none because the stream does not start.

Anything else is seems to work. EPG data and logos are loaded from tvh

Edited by fallenwitch3r

fallenwitch3r

I tried everything but the stream won't start. So the emby Server doesn't generate ffmpeg log..

Edited by fallenwitch3r

If you look in the log you can see TVH sending back unauthorized responses. I'm not a TVH expert but you may have to configure something with it to make it allow opening streams via it's api.

fallenwitch3r

The plugin needs a option to add an auth key. Tvheadend uses Auth keys for authentication. 

IMG_20220428_093113.jpg.0aebbaba5f6bab192f89be3f3ce108f4.jpg

vaise

I was the original tested of this plugin enhancements.

I am not a user of it however as i need a separete xml guid for aus, and nothing hence is offered over the m3u delivery from TVH.

I did however just put it back into place to test this and it is still working fine.

I configured a user/pass in TVH of embyaccess/embyaccess :

image.png.1030c5f8dc5bc45bad041ee9d08cfb27.png

and the only plugin config I did was this :

image.png.dbc5eb408cbf55cd4b02e467312a9c30.png

It is all working fine as far as I can see - I play play multiple channels, (via browser hence that would transcode anyway I believe - they dont transcode on the shield TV).

Hope that helps ?  I will flip back now before the wife wants to watch her trashy TV.......

Junglejim

I have never used Tvheadend for m3u streaming but if you have a dedicated tuner hooked up to a antenna (FTA) it is rock solid. I also live in AU and the guide data is delivered over the (FTA) channels. I have it running in a docker and its never let me down. It's a bit of a chore to set up but after that it's all gold, plus web access. Apart from the fact that there's nothing worth recording these days on FTA apart from some sports/motorsport you would miss for some reason. :)

I'm guessing the m3u virtual tuner stuff is premiere stuff.

I must admit I never watch live TV through emby, just the stuff I've recorded.

fallenwitch3r

It isn't working. Even with the default configuration of tvheadend.

The authentication method is required here because I use many of my connections to my server over Https.

It's weird because the version 1.4.6 is working. This version has the old interface..

Emby is successfully connected to tvh but it always declares the connection with the tag "unverified"

28 minutes ago, fallenwitch3r said:

It isn't working. Even with the default configuration of tvheadend.

The authentication method is required here because I use many of my connections to my server over Https.

It's weird because the version 1.4.6 is working. This version has the old interface..

Emby is successfully connected to tvh but it always declares the connection with the tag "unverified"

Try enabling basic auth in tvh.

fallenwitch3r

I got this working. I had to choose the streaming profile from pass to htsp.

At least it's working on my mobile. I check all other devices later

Edited by fallenwitch3r

fallenwitch3r

I give up. I tried all combinations with and without a clean tvh and emby installation in vm. Tvh client for Kodi is working well. It seems to be a plugin problem.

I tried it with 4.3-1981~gc6bb43d85 version ob tvh.

I think the plugin just doesn't handle all possible authentication settings from tvh and needs to be updated for that. We've had this plugin around for years with a lot of users using it.

vaise
On 29/04/2022 at 19:52, Junglejim said:

I have never used Tvheadend for m3u streaming but if you have a dedicated tuner hooked up to a antenna (FTA) it is rock solid. I also live in AU and the guide data is delivered over the (FTA) channels. I have it running in a docker and its never let me down. It's a bit of a chore to set up but after that it's all gold, plus web access. Apart from the fact that there's nothing worth recording these days on FTA apart from some sports/motorsport you would miss for some reason. :)

I'm guessing the m3u virtual tuner stuff is premiere stuff.

I must admit I never watch live TV through emby, just the stuff I've recorded.

hi @Junglejim

I use TVH exactly the same, a docker, with 3 x HDHR Duals - so 6 tuners total.  With the multi mux recording, I could record every channel at once from Australia - lets face it, we dont have many here, and most of what we have is average at best so a big overkill. 

Re your comment, TVH offers the m3u method of accessing the same stuff you can with a plugin, its just the plugins used to be average but now they are not and can give exactly the same result - I guess I am just too lazy to change from what has been working for years.

With regards to the Australia FTA guide, that would then be delivered from TVH if I used the plugin - have you noticed that the Aus networks can be nazi's and they mess with the naming of various shows to stop series recording working (as they need the ad revenue) ?  The wife use to miss recording of some of her shows as they would change the name to 'xxxxxx with special guest of' or something like that.  That is why I first jumped to IceTV and a paid guide, but now I am using a free xml guide.  You have better info, more chance of detailed season/episode numbers for Emby to match (so it wont record if it is in your system already), and most importantly, the shows titles are always the same, often with first run and repeat flags also so you can record based of that too.  

Our FTA guide may have got better in the last 4+ years but the reason I doubt that is that my dad, who has multiple good TV's in his house would prefer to plan and watch TV from my emby system over the NBN - as he says 'My Guide is better'.  

• Like 1

vaise

@fallenwitch3r - the m3u channel availability is built into TVH by default, so you could add that to get the same channels from TVH.  It is not emby specific - you could even key it into VLC and get the same.  So as a workaround for emby,  add a TV source like this (changing the IP address) - maybe it will work with https ?  You will then have to add manual guide data though - many xml -r better services, depending where you are based.

image.png.9b0c264dd67a40751d08aa5a74af9708.png

Junglejim
5 hours ago, vaise said:

hi @Junglejim

I use TVH exactly the same, a docker, with 3 x HDHR Duals - so 6 tuners total.  With the multi mux recording, I could record every channel at once from Australia - lets face it, we dont have many here, and most of what we have is average at best so a big overkill. 

Re your comment, TVH offers the m3u method of accessing the same stuff you can with a plugin, its just the plugins used to be average but now they are not and can give exactly the same result - I guess I am just too lazy to change from what has been working for years.

With regards to the Australia FTA guide, that would then be delivered from TVH if I used the plugin - have you noticed that the Aus networks can be nazi's and they mess with the naming of various shows to stop series recording working (as they need the ad revenue) ?  The wife use to miss recording of some of her shows as they would change the name to 'xxxxxx with special guest of' or something like that.  That is why I first jumped to IceTV and a paid guide, but now I am using a free xml guide.  You have better info, more chance of detailed season/episode numbers for Emby to match (so it wont record if it is in your system already), and most importantly, the shows titles are always the same, often with first run and repeat flags also so you can record based of that too.  

Our FTA guide may have got better in the last 4+ years but the reason I doubt that is that my dad, who has multiple good TV's in his house would prefer to plan and watch TV from my emby system over the NBN - as he says 'My Guide is better'.  

Hi @vaise

Yep I here ya about the FTA guide data, it's not the greatest, it has improved a bit over the years but not that much. 😉 I can see why you wouldn't trust it for important season recordings. I've used season recordings once or twice with the ABC channel and had no problems but I guess they are more strict with the data they provide than some of the commercial channels.

Personally the FTA guide is good enough for what I record these days, mainly sport and doco's that I'm going to miss.

The m3u channel sounds interesting and never really thought TVH could do that, will have to check it out.

I set mine up years ago and only have one pcie hauppauge dual tuner (HVR-2210). It's getting on in years now but it still works. :)

Edited by Junglejim

vaise
1 hour ago, Junglejim said:

Hi @vaise

Yep I here ya about the FTA guide data, it's not the greatest, it has improved a bit over the years but not that much. 😉 I can see why you wouldn't trust it for important season recordings. I've used season recordings once or twice with the ABC channel and had no problems but I guess they are more strict with the data they provide than some of the commercial channels.

Personally the FTA guide is good enough for what I record these days, mainly sport and doco's that I'm going to miss.

The m3u channel sounds interesting and never really thought TVH could do that, will have to check it out.

I set mine up years ago and only have one pcie hauppauge dual tuner (HVR-2210). It's getting on in years now but it still works. :)

you can test it - just put http://your-tvh-ip:9981/playlist/channels.m3u in a browser, it should download, the channels.m3u file from your TVH - open that with vlc, or any other m3u capable player, then you can watch tv, change channels etc - its the same as emby does.  Then for the whole hog - have a look at this site for the guide data info for your region - https://www.xmltv.net/.  Happy to help if you go forward - us aussies have to stick together.

• Like 1

Junglejim
8 minutes ago, vaise said:

you can test it - just put http://your-tvh-ip:9981/playlist/channels.m3u in a browser, it should download, the channels.m3u file from your TVH - open that with vlc, or any other m3u capable player, then you can watch tv, change channels etc - its the same as emby does.  Then for the whole hog - have a look at this site for the guide data info for your region - https://www.xmltv.net/.  Happy to help if you go forward - us aussies have to stick together.

Cheers mate, some good info there. I will definitely give it a go! If I get stuck I will hit you up for some guidance. 😀

EODCrafter

I always used this for EPG in TVH, hope it helps....This is a file in TVH called `tv_grab_file`

dflag=
vflag=
cflag=
if (( $# < 1 ))
then
  curl "http://192.168.1.16:9000/xmltv.php?username=test&password=test" #edit this line to get your EPG
  exit 0
fi

for arg
do
    delim=""
    case "$arg" in
    #translate --gnu-long-options to -g (short options)
       --description) args="${args}-d ";;
       --version) args="${args}-v ";;
       --capabilities) args="${args}-c ";;
       #pass through anything else
       *) [[ "${arg:0:1}" == "-" ]] || delim="\""
           args="${args}${delim}${arg}${delim} ";;
    esac
done

#Reset the positional parameters to the short options
eval set -- $args

while getopts "dvc" option 
do
    case $option in
        d)  dflag=1;;
        v)  vflag=1;;
        c)  cflag=1;;
        \?) printf "unknown option: -%s\n" $OPTARG
            printf "Usage: %s: [--description] [--version] [--capabilities] \n" $(basename $0)
            exit 2
            ;;
    esac >&2
done

if [ "$dflag" ]
then
   printf "XML file grabber\n"
fi
if [ "$vflag" ]
then
   printf "0.1\n"
fi
if [ "$cflag" ]
then
   printf "baseline\n"
fi

exit 0

Edited by EODCrafter

fallenwitch3r
On 5/1/2022 at 6:29 AM, vaise said:

This isn't working here because after double click on the playlist opens a window for username and password input