howto refresh coverart after changing treatment

manfredell2

manfredell2

Hi

I changed the treatment for series/episodes to display a border instead of the tv picture.

But the display doesn't change.

How do I refresh all the displayed episode picture to display the picture I have defined in the treatment?

Thx in advance

manfredell2

P.S. Removing the plugin does it remove all the "effects" to cover art and display the default one?

1 hour ago, manfredell2 said:

Hi

I changed the treatment for series/episodes to display a border instead of the tv picture.

But the display doesn't change.

How do I refresh all the displayed episode picture to display the picture I have defined in the treatment?

Thx in advance

Hi, it's automatic. There's nothing you need to do.

1 hour ago, manfredell2 said:

P.S. Removing the plugin does it remove all the "effects" to cover art and display the default one?

Correct.

manfredell2
1 hour ago, Luke said:

Hi, it's automatic. There's nothing you need to do.

I refreshed all metadata replacing pictures in the meantime as after several hours they didn´t change.

Reverted my manually changed cover arts to default ones I guess but I will have to check this.

manfredell2

Just notices that after the previously mentioned refresh there are still a lot of episodes with the "old" effect....

How long is this supposed to take?

Just now, manfredell2 said:

Just notices that after the previously mentioned refresh there are still a lot of episodes with the "old" effect....

How long is this supposed to take?

Please go over an example. Thanks.

Happy2Play

If you are not seeing the change after applying a new treatment, there is a cache issue.  Have you cleared the browser/device cache?

You could delete the folders in Emby /cache/images as that is where the treated images reside. 

manfredell2
2 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

If you are not seeing the change after applying a new treatment, there is a cache issue.  Have you cleared the browser/device cache?

You could delete the folders in Emby /cache/images as that is where the treated images reside. 

Yes, I did clear the browser cache a few times, even tried a different browser to no effect.

Looking at the folders on my linux machine, shouldn't the images be here /var/lib/emby/cache/coverart  ?

There are 2 subfolders in there:

In /var/lib/emby/cache/images there are 2 subfolders

enhanced-images

resized-images

What do I have to expect if I delete them? When and how are they re-generated?

Happy2Play
2 minutes ago, manfredell2 said:

Looking at the folders on my linux machine, shouldn't the images be here /var/lib/emby/cache/coverart  ?

No those are the templates to treat your images the get cached in the cache folder.

3 minutes ago, manfredell2 said:

What do I have to expect if I delete them? When and how are they re-generated?

Browse to regenerate images.

Happy2Play
14 minutes ago, ebr said:

Yes, but what did you change it to?

Per the image, Border.

image.png.1bddfdb9e6dade9db0e26cbc1f7ca755.png

manfredell2
46 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

No those are the templates to treat your images the get cached in the cache folder.

Browse to regenerate images.

I did a backup of the emby folder, just in case.

Deleted contents of cache\images as suggested.

Seems to have worked!!

• Like 1

Happy2Play

Note everything in the cache folder has a 30 day expiration date as there is a daily cache cleanup task that deletes anything over 30 days old to be regenerated.

manfredell2
7 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

Note everything in the cache folder has a 30 day expiration date as there is a daily cache cleanup task that deletes anything over 30 days old to be regenerated.

OK. Can this be changed? I.E. shorten the 30 days....

roaku

The 30 day cache is different from, say a browser cache, and Emby has mechanisms for instant updating of items in the 30 day cache when something about the image changes.

So, under normal circumstances, the 30 day cache doesn't get in the way of anything.

• Agree 1

Happy2Play

What would be the reason?

But yes you can access the hidden task via Emby API.  Link at the bottom of the dashboard, but do to browser CORS changes you may/will get error accessing it.

cover art already has mechanisms to ensure that all settings changes are reflected immediately, so whatever option(s) you changed are probably just not factored into that yet.

manfredell2
3 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

What would be the reason?

But yes you can access the hidden task via Emby API.  Link at the bottom of the dashboard, but do to browser CORS changes you may/will get error accessing it.

Didn't see any link. But anyway not that important....Have a workaround now, thx to you.

Happy2Play

If they are not updating on the fly after a treatment change, I would think there should be errors in your server log.

Edited by Happy2Play

manfredell2
2 minutes ago, Luke said:

cover art already has mechanisms to ensure that all settings changes are reflected immediately, so whatever option(s) you changed are probably just not factored into that yet.

Guess there's an issue here then, as the changes were not reflected.