Music - Life Without Playlists?

slyfox

slyfox

For those of you who use Emby, how do you manage your music without smart playlists?

Coming from iTunes where I heavily rely on smart playlists, how do you migrate to Emby without your playlists?

How do you processed new vs selected (processed) albums?

Edited by slyfox

Spaceboy

smart playlists on itunes are based on what other itunes users listen to in sequence though. so don't expect anything as effective as that

45 minutes ago, Spaceboy said:

smart playlists on itunes are based on what other itunes users listen to in sequence though. so don't expect anything as effective as that

I guess that's proof that Big Brother watching you does actually produce some useful results sometimes.  😜

samuelqwe
1 hour ago, Spaceboy said:

Those aren’t the Smart Playlists OP is referring to. Smart Playlists in iTunes are rule based, very similar to the Smart Playlists plugin for Emby.

https://support.apple.com/en-ca/guide/itunes/itns3001/windows

• Agree 1

slyfox

Indeed. Smart playlists consists of smart filtering rules. I would rather see a built-in native Emby feature as the current plugin is cumbersome.