"Next Up" slides off the left side of the Home screen

Gobaan

Gobaan

After watching the rightmost item in the "Next Up" category, the list containing the remaining items shifts to the left, so much so that only a tiny edge of the rightmost thumbnail is showing at the left side of the screen. Using the up/down/left/right keys on my remote will not allow me to navigate to the "Next Up" section. The cursor has moved up to the next (topmost) section of my homepage, so I don't have access to any of the sections below "Next Up". Of course I can use the mouse or exit and restart Emby, but these options are quite annoying when I'm relaxing on the couch with my remote in hand. This isn't exactly a new bug, I've just been putting up with it for some time now, but it really needs to be fixed.

Emby Theater client, Windows 10, Homepage using rows layout, remote control

Gobaan

Emby Theater 3.0.15

Display Mode: Auto, I assume Desktop. This is a PC, 43 inch screen, Emby is in Fullscreen, thumbnails sections appear as horizontal rows:

"Continue watching"

"Next up"

"My media"

Others......

Gobaan

It's tough to nail down exactly what conditions create this anomaly, but it is not an uncommon occurrence, at least for my viewing habits  I'm trying to recreate those exact conditions now. It seems that when the "next up" episode has been watched and is removed from the list, the resizing and repositioning function misbehaves. To reproduce the issue, the removed item may need to be the last/rightmost in the list, I'm testing this theory...

Gobaan

I have successfully recreated the issue.

Display Mode: TV

I have 5 series listed in "next up" (there need to be enough items in the list to produce a large enough geometry, I have no idea what the minimum number of items is).

Regarding the last/rightmost thumbnail: This series is set to the last episode (the series thumbnail must be removed from the list, not just reordered)

I click on the last/rightmost thumbnail and play the episode, fast forwarding to near the end and let it play out.

I go back to the home screen. Note that I am using the "back button" on my remote control. I mention this because I have seen different behaviors in Emby when I use the remote versus clicking on the "back arrow" in the GUI.

The "next up" list removes the thumbnail and immediately pops to the left, recreating the bug described in the original post

FrostByte

Not sure I'm going to be able to reproduce this 100% as I don't have a remote I can use with ET.

Following the steps above and in TV mode I see the following after returning to the Home screen.   Focus is on Continue Watching when returning.  Next Up is shoved far left and there should be 4 episodes there (I watched the 5th).

When I navigated down it jumped from Continue Watching to Latest TV shows skipping Next Up.  However, then when navigated up it went to Next Up and everything was good.

Again, this was with a kb and don't have a remote for testing with ET.

image.thumb.png.1337557356f5fdf38511931cc0b25482.png

• 4 months later...