Is the Home screen supposed to refresh as new content is added?

fFathead

fFathead

I have the Android TV app installed on a Shield with Emby server running on a Synology NAS.  Playback works great, best of all the server based streamers, however my Home page in the Android app does not refresh after watching a video, marking a video as played, or if new content is added to the server.  If I load the Favourites menu option, and then go back to Home, everything is updated correctly.

Should this screen be updating in real-time, or is this how it is meant to work?

Thanks

3 hours ago, fFathead said:

does not refresh after watching a video, marking a video as played,

Hi.  You are doing this within this app?

GrimReaper
15 hours ago, fFathead said:

Should this screen be updating in real-time

after watching a video, marking a video as played

Yes, that should happen in real-time. 

new content is added to the server

That requires Home Screen refresh. 

As a test, could you enter any library or item detail screen and then long-hold Back button on the remote? After you're back on the Home Screen, try marking any item as Played, see how does that compare, does HS update? 

fFathead

Hello,

Yes, there is a difference.

1) Enter a program, mark as played, short press back button to return to Home - Home screen does not show the change.

2) Enter a program, mark as played, long press back button to return to Home - Home screen shows the updated status correctly.

• Thanks 1

GrimReaper
6 minutes ago, fFathead said:

Hello,

Yes, there is a difference.

1) Enter a program, mark as played, short press back button to return to Home - Home screen does not show the change.

2) Enter a program, mark as played, long press back button to return to Home - Home screen shows the updated status correctly.

Thanks, but that was expected as with long-press you're forcing Home Screen refresh. What I wanted you to perform was marking any item as played on Home Screen afterwards and see whether the screen will auto-refresh:

1 hour ago, GrimReaper said:

After you're back on the Home Screen, try marking any item as Played, see how does that compare, does HS update? 

Edited by GrimReaper
  • Like 1

fFathead

Hello,

Yes, that seemed to unblock things, after long back press, updating played state on the home screen updated straight away.  Now though I don't seem to be able to play anything as it is asking me to unlock the app.

Cheers

GrimReaper
18 minutes ago, fFathead said:

Now though I don't seem to be able to play anything as it is asking me to unlock the app.

Your trial likely expired, don't know is @ebr still extending those trial periods or ATV app Google Play issues are resolved.

fFathead

yes, I wondered that but the last trial end date I saw was sometime in may, and I still don't seem to be able to unlock it via shield play store.