Synology 6 to 7 upgrade. Does Backup plugin work?

cochize1

cochize1

Sorry if the subject was already answered. but did not have time to browse through all the the topics. 

I am migrating all my files from smaller disc to a bigger one on my Synology and thought this is a good time to upgrade my DNS as well.

My question is:

if I follow all the steps with new DMS 7 upgarde following @cayarsinstructions here,

will my Emby backup configuration plugin I make everyday still work? I mean after an upgrade can I just make a backup and be sure that it wil repopulate users, libraries etc, as in DSM 6?

Thanks in advance for an answer.

Hi, part of the setup/change is setting new permissions for internal emby user.  Make sure to set permission read/write permissions for the location you have the backup configured and you should be gold.

You can always test this manually by kicking off the backup job from Scheduled Tasks menu.  If it fails take a look at the end of the log and you'll likely see it's a permission issue as already mentioned.

You shouldn't have a problem.

• Thanks 1

cochize1

And one more thing, will upgrading Synology to DSM 7.0.1 (current version) keep all the settings, like extenral accessm router settings etc. or is it like a fresh install and you have to do it all from scratch?