Diagnostics Plugin Update: Reworked 'User Sessions' View

softworkz

The Diagnostics Plugin has been updated
(for Emby Server versions >= 4.7.0.32)

Most prominent changes can be seen in the "User Sessions" view.

• Improved rendering and width adaption
  • Better theme support/coloring
  • Filters are presented in separate lanes (rows), depending on context
  • Filter boxes are clickable to display details
  • CPU graph width adaption
  • many more details

image.png.f4071e9fedcecc8179c1ab7ab853a9b4.png

image.png.84c8cb946f431574f81e41d6a9b339ad.png

• Like 13

rbjtech

Very nice @softworkz - this makes it extremely clear what is happening to the video/subs streams during transcoding.  

Maybe for the next update, but it would be nice to also include the Audio transcoding/conversion as a swim lane ? - especially details of the number of channels mixed would be perfect.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

18 minutes ago, rbjtech said:

Very nice @softworkz - this makes it extremely clear what is happening to the video/subs streams during transcoding.  

Maybe for the next update, but it would be nice to also include the Audio transcoding/conversion as a swim lane ? - especially details of the number of channels mixed would be perfect.

I had thought about it, but there's rarely anything interesting happening between input and output for audio, so it would mostly be just a straight line between input and output. There don't exist such complex decision making procedures like we have for video and (soon for) subtitles.
And input => output for audio already exists a few lines above. Maybe we should just add a little more information there?

Edited by softworkz

rbjtech
1 minute ago, softworkz said:

I had thought about it, but there's rarely anything interesting happening between input and output for audio, so it would mostly be just a straight line between input and output.
And input => output for audio already exists a few lines above. Maybe we should just add a little more information there?

I guess it would just be more 'complete' to show what all tracks/codecs are doing in the swim lanes.  I agree anything in Audio certainly won't be crossing multiple lanes (I think..) so maybe you are right and it can just stay in the top section and possibly add things such as Audio Boost level / Destination Channels etc ?

• Like 1

Also, for audio,

2 minutes ago, rbjtech said:

I guess it would just be more 'complete' to show what all tracks/codecs are doing in the swim lanes.

Yea - that's why I had thought about it 😉 

And then drop all the smaller lines above..

• Agree 1

Happy2Play
1 minute ago, umekzg said:

The latest i see is  4.7.0.2.  How can i get the .32?

And how can i see the screen you showed? 

Thx!

You would need to be on the beta server 4.7.

• Thanks 2

• 1 month later...
16 minutes ago, leone007 said:

@softworkzthis looks great, but what is the actual ffmpeg command line for that CUDA deinterlacing in Emby? Is it -deint, or -vf yadif_cuda?

Just look at the ffmpeg logs in your Emby Server.

On 4/21/2022 at 12:21 PM, Happy2Play said:

You would need to be on the beta server 4.7.

It's no longer limited to beta versions. It works with Emby Server Release 4.7.x

• 2 months later...
Dizzy49
On 6/9/2022 at 12:22 PM, softworkz said:

It's no longer limited to beta versions. It works with Emby Server Release 4.7.x

Color me stupid, but where/how can I get this?  In my Catalog I only have like 100 plugins and I went through each area and didn't see this.

• Like 1

Dizzy49

Ok, I saw that, but the image looked nothing like the image at the top of the post so I didn't think it was the same one.

• Haha 1

• 5 months later...
hi2hello

@softworkz It would be more than awesome, if settings could be saved permanently within the plugin and not being lost after a server restart. 

I would like to request such a feature because playback on Apple TV with the native player selected just works flawlessly with the option "Disable HLS Subtitles" checked in the diagnostics plugin. Otherwise many movies just do not start from the emby app for ATV. With the MPV within ATV there is micro-stuttering as auto-framerate is not supported by this player on the box, so unfortunately this is also not an option. 

As the server restarts in IDLE automatically because of plugin updates, …

Thank you very much for the plugin! 
Any effort on making settings permanent (or just the one for "disable HLS subtitles") would be highly appreciated

Cheers, 
hi2hello

The plugin doesn't do much. The options are coming from the server and are implemented there. Different Emby server version can have different sets of diagnostic options and the plugin generates the UI dynamically based on information from the server. Loading and saving are implemented in the server as well. That means that the plugin couldn't do anything about it.

There's are reasons though, why those options aren't persisted: They are meant to diagnose problems (hence the name) but they aren't meant to solve them.

When a problem exists and is diagnosed, it needs to be fixed or addressed in some way in the server, so that it's fixed for everybody. When more users would start using the options to solve problems they have (like you do), the actual problems might no longer get fixed at all.

Did you report the problem you have here in the forums?

hi2hello

Thank you for your reply and the explanation on how the plugin works.
I do agree 100% about better to fix bugs for everyone - it was reported and confirmed here in the related section (several months ago).
Just happy someone with the same problem came up with a workaround, so that I can still use emby on my mediaplayer.

Hopefully it will get fixed anytime soon but till than …

• 1 month later...