Downloading from Emby server on MacOS to iPad or iPhone not completing

AZRichG

AZRichG

I'm *sure* I have done this before, and it was easy. Looking at my server it appears when I try to download recorded shows they get transcoded (if that's the right term) fine but never transfer. 

I've been able to watch recorded shows fine on all devices - apple TV, iPad, etc. So to me everything looks to be working as it should other than the downloads. Is there a new setting I need to change in MacOS or iPad OS?

I feel like I'm missing something simple. I have a bunch of files ready to transfer but they don't even when I go to the scheduled event and start a transfer media with the play button next to it in the macOS app. 

embyserver.txt

AZRichG

No, so strange!

I tried downloading to the iMac the server is running on as well just for grins. This is where they sit - ready to transfer but not actually transferring. 

Tried the 'Transfer Media' play button again, nothing. It is set to do transfers every 3 hours. I don't remember changing any settings or paths related to downloading / transcoding. Are there some I should check?

Screen Shot 2022-04-22 at 10.38.56.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
AZRichG
22 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi, has the latest iOS app update helped?

No. Tried it again just now, I can see the video being transcoded (4 Mbps) but then nothing. When I try to force the transfer under Advanced/Scheduled Tasks all that happens is it reports running 1 second ago. So it is trying I guess. 

Here are logs from this morning. I included the ffmpeg just in case that helps, but it does seem that process works.

My folders for emby have been moved to relocated items, does that matter? Seems like everything else is working fine from there and I didn't want to mess with moving things.

embyserver-3.txt ffmpeg-transcode-ed20f8a4-64f3-4624-bcac-1421b38ed2bd_1.txt

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
AZRichG

Still no luck. I'm trying logging out of my server on the iPhone and back in, then trying for grins.

Edit- same result. 'Ready to Transfer' but not transferring.

Edited by AZRichG