Actors in TV shows

jglazer63

jglazer63

So I am watching Frasier and I want to see the actors in this episode but it doesn't show them.  Am I missing something?  It does show them in movies and such.

Thanks!

• 8 months later...

Hey,

not sure if I am supposed to start a new thread, but got the same problem with a different series. In Star Trek Lower Decks they use guest voice actors. I wanted to check this episode if its actually John de Lancie, but Emby does not show any actors per episode. I do see them at series level. I tried refreshing metadata and did a complete "wipe" (deleting and adding the series withouth any metadata) but to no avail.

Its the same with other series like Jack Ryan where I dont see any actors per episode.

I am on server version 4.7.11.0 and have TheTVDB as the main scraper set up.

Junglejim
48 minutes ago, Breece said:

Hey,

not sure if I am supposed to start a new thread, but got the same problem with a different series. In Star Trek Lower Decks they use guest voice actors. I wanted to check this episode if its actually John de Lancie, but Emby does not show any actors per episode. I do see them at series level. I tried refreshing metadata and did a complete "wipe" (deleting and adding the series withouth any metadata) but to no avail.

Its the same with other series like Jack Ryan where I dont see any actors per episode.

I am on server version 4.7.11.0 and have TheTVDB as the main scraper set up.

That seems strange, I get the guest actors per episode. Here is the Star Trek Lower Decks episode...

Screenshot_2023-01-03_19-47-13.thumb.png.bacba22a6f83ac7bd112fdce620b16a2.png

I'm also on 4.7.11.0 and have TheTVDB as the main scraper but I probably scraped this tv episode a while ago. So this could be a problem with TVDB or Emby's plugin?

Yea after season 1 of Star Trek Lower Decks I just get a copy of the series actors, no episode guest actors. Something has gone wrong there... 😆

Edited by Junglejim
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Junglejim said:

That seems strange, I get the guest actors per episode. Here is the Star Trek Lower Decks episode...

Screenshot_2023-01-03_19-47-13.thumb.png.bacba22a6f83ac7bd112fdce620b16a2.png

I'm also on 4.7.11.0 and have TheTVDB as the main scraper but I probably scraped this tv episode a while ago. So this could be a problem with TVDB or Emby's plugin?

Yea after season 1 of Star Trek Lower Decks I just get a copy of the series actors, no episode guest actors. Something has gone wrong there... 😆

I tried scraping with the Ember Media Manager and using the nfo which has "actor" and "gueststar" tags and then I see actors per episode but not the guest actors... I checked the metadata scraped by emby and it does not contain any people information. The rest ist exactly as on TheTVDB (text & images)

On 4/17/2022 at 9:16 PM, Luke said:

Hi, do you see them at the series level?

Is this how its default / supposed to be (only)?

3 hours ago, Breece said:

Is this how its default / supposed to be (only)?

The series and episodes both have their own independent actor lists.

4 minutes ago, Luke said:

Thanks for the reply Luke. So the behaviour I saw, that no actors got scraped per episode but for the whole series, confirmed by junglejim, is an error?

Happy2Play
4 hours ago, Luke said:

Are we getting Episode cast from TVDB as I am not seeing any returned?

Adding TMDB does show their cast.

19 hours ago, Happy2Play said:

Are we getting Episode cast from TVDB as I am not seeing any returned?

Adding TMDB does show their cast.

Well the code is checking for it but it's possible that tvdb never includes it.

2 minutes ago, Luke said:

You mean the API? Because in our examples there IS actor data per episode but it does not get scraped..

Happy2Play
9 minutes ago, Luke said:

Isn't that the conflict of the different endpoints as they only appear in /episodes/{id}/extended not /series/{id}/episodes/{season-type}/{lang}?

On 1/5/2023 at 8:42 PM, Luke said:

So? Error with the api? Error with the plug in? Any idea for a solution?