How to make downloads download automatically

Mossop

Mossop

After starting a download it seems that the server does the conversion step and then the download is marked as ready to transfer. But then it doesn't seem to actually download to my phone unless I manually go in and edit the download then click save. Is there some way to skip the manual work and just have the download download as soon as it is ready to?

Hi, we register a background download process with the device which runs periodically to check if any downloads are ready. What device and version of Android are you on? Is it possible you configured something on the device to prevent this from happening?

If you go to apps on the device, then click the emby app, then battery, what are the options configured to on that screen?

Mossop

"Battery restriction" is set to "App can use battery in background". "Battery optimisation" is set to "Optimising battery use".

Can you try setting it to unrestricted? That shouldn't be necessary but just for testing this issue. Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
Mossop

Actually this still seems to be happening. I've had one item in a playlist "Ready to Transfer" for a few days now. Other items are transferring just fine.

• 2 weeks later...
Mossop

I believe so, the SD card says it has 20GB free and one of the movies failing is 2GB in the original file and has a lower bitrate than the download is configured for. I guess it's possible Emby is still transcoding the video to support the device but still hopefully that isn't making the file ten times larger.

• 1 month later...
Mossop

I had to remove those downloads when trying to debug a different issue. I haven't seen this problem since.