Which external storage to choose?

Mossop

Mossop

I have an SD card in my phone and I want to download my media there. When I select the download location in settings it offers me "Internal storage", "External storage (android)" and "External storage (Downloads)". What is the difference between those last two?

Hi, it's hard to say because that's how your phone presents it using the storage APIs. You might just want to give them a try. Maybe try the last one first. Let us know if this helps. Thanks.

jillybean
On 4/17/2022 at 12:32 AM, Mossop said:

I have an SD card in my phone and I want to download my media there. When I select the download location in settings it offers me "Internal storage", "External storage (android)" and "External storage (Downloads)". What is the difference between those last two?

On my (unrooted) samsung tablet the only one of these that downloads to the sd card is "External storage".  "External Storage (Downloads)" actually downloads to internal storage "Downloads", but this is the ONLY download location where I can see the files using my android file manager.  Using either of the other locations files are not visible.