can't log in to emby even locally

PSE1932

PSE1932

When I check the box to disable this user from logging into the remote server, I can't even log into emby locally. if I click on forgot password, emby tells me to please retry in your home network to start the password reset process.

The server belongs to me and I can go in via SSH and change anything, I can provide the users.db file if needed.

Edited by PSE1932

GrimReaper

Lots of unknowns there:

How are you trying to connect, which client app? 

1 hour ago, PSE1932 said:

When I check the box to disable this user from logging into the remote server,

Where did you find that option? Is that a Syno-only thing? AFAIK there are only options to Hide user when logging in locally/remotely (which doesn't prevent their access if credentials entered manually) or Disable user altogether, including both local and remote access. Care to share a screenshot? 

1 hour ago, PSE1932 said:

if I click on forgot password, emby tells me to please retry in your home network to start the password reset process.

That would indicate that you're still connected remotely - or your subnet ain't recognized as LAN due to your server network configuration. Care to share a screenshot of Settings>Network tab? 

Also, server log would be handy. 

PSE1932
23 minutes ago, GrimReaper said:

Lots of unknowns there:

How are you trying to connect, which client app? 

Where did you find that option? Is that a Syno-only thing? AFAIK there are only options to Hide user when logging in locally/remotely (which doesn't prevent their access if credentials entered manually) or Disable user altogether, including both local and remote access. Care to share a screenshot? 

That would indicate that you're still connected remotely - or your subnet ain't recognized as LAN due to your server network configuration. Care to share a screenshot of Settings>Network tab? 

Also, server log would be handy. 

Thank you for your help!

I am a Taiwanese user and my interface is in Chinese, so the screenshots may not be very intuitive. The current situation is that if I enter the correct username and password, the server says "Invalid username and password, please try again".

I am logging into the emby server from the web, if I try to log into the emby app on my iphone, I am also prompted with "I have an invalid username and password, please try again".

This option can be seen by clicking on the avatar of the user name after logging into the emby web backend. I think all emby servers have this option.

I just tried to log in once and extracted the logs.

embyserver.txt

Edited by PSE1932

Asconywan
6 hours ago, PSE1932 said:

Thank you for your help!

I am a Taiwanese user and my interface is in Chinese, so the screenshots may not be very intuitive. The current situation is that if I enter the correct username and password, the server says "Invalid username and password, please try again".

I am logging into the emby server from the web, if I try to log into the emby app on my iphone, I am also prompted with "I have an invalid username and password, please try again".

This option can be seen by clicking on the avatar of the user name after logging into the emby web backend. I think all emby servers have this option.

I just tried to log in once and extracted the logs.

embyserver.txt 40.97 kB · 2 downloads

PSE1932

I have solved this problem, the solution is similar to the following solution, I deleted several configuration folders and reinstalled emby and it solved it

Uninstall Emby
Connect to your slot via SSH and type this line, followed by enter: cd /var/lib/emby/config/
type this line, followed by enter (same password as you've connected with): sudo rm system.xml 
type this line, followed by enter: sudo rm -R users
reinstall Emby