Playback Error No compatible streams are currently available.

lbalbo

lbalbo

Please try again later or contact your system administrator for details.

Everything had been working fine until about a week ago. Now I'm getting this error on the Web App.

Same result on all movies. The last one I tried was Eight Legged Freaks.

The external drive is pretty new and ran Disk Utility just to be sure. It was fine.

Running Emby Premiere and Mac Emby Server version 4.6.7.0  /  Firefox 99.0.1

Both ffmpeg and server logs are attached.

Please help!

Thank you.

embyserver.txt ffmpeg-transcode-ad639905-a573-4492-b11f-dd31be61dc8d_1.txt

Hi, is there a problem with your storage volume?

19:41:21.384 /Volumes/4TB Server/My Movies/Eight Legged Freaks 2002.mp4: Operation not permitted 19:41:21.384

19:41:21.384 /Volumes/4TB Server/My Movies/Eight Legged Freaks 2002.mp4: Operation not permitted 19:41:21.384

lbalbo

Not that I can tell. Seems fine. I can copy files over and play the movie files directly. Again, it's a newer drive and Disk Utility says it's good. Getting information on the drive says I have read and write access. Thanks for getting back so quick.

Happy2Play

Would appear to have a permissions issue to me.  Log is flooded with "is denied." across multiple libraries.

System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path '/Volumes/4TB Server/My Movies/Eight Legged Freaks 2002.mp4' is denied.

lbalbo

Solved.

After taking a look at that Luke, well, it was a little over my head. I couldn't get past the fact the drive seemed fine. It was EmbyServer that was having trouble accessing the files.

I did some digging and found the answer.

This setting was not checked: System Preferences > Security and Privacy > Full Disk Access > EmbyServer.

I checked it, opened EmbyServer, and Boom! Success.

Thank you Luke and Happy2Play for responding so quickly. Emby is fantastic!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 4/21/2022 at 7:36 PM, lbalbo said:

This setting was not checked: System Preferences > Security and Privacy > Full Disk Access > EmbyServer.

This setting you're talking about is from where? I can't find it on the emby server nor the pc. I'm getting the same error :(

30 minutes ago, Luke said:

Are you still having an issue with this?

No! i think I solved it by changing the power saving functions from my PC. It seems it was shutting down the usb ports after a while so I just disabled them and it's working fine now. I hope it stays that way haha 

Change Advanced Power Settings> USB Settings> USB Selective Suspend Setting> Disabled > Apply.

• 1 month later...
buhochileno

Hi guys,

I new to VirtualTV Pluging and a little less newbie about emby...

Right now my emby server 4.5 is running smoothly on my  Ubuntu 20.04 server, I can access my library from all my devices on the local network, etc..using emby UI or kodi pluging everything looks fine (libraries autoupdate on all devices, emby is able to save subtitles and metadata into the media folders, etc, )..

So I decive to give a shot at VirtualTV to play my old tvshows, I make a "test" channel with playlist type of streaming and all other parameters/values as instructed on the original pluging post....After refresh the guide the channel show up inside "Live TV" on my homescreen but selecting the "test" channel and I only get a black screen with the "No compatible streams are currently available. Please try again later or...."  message and nothing else, back screen..

I not sure if is an access issue since emby server is able to save metadata into the .nfo files or all folders as also subtitles, I even able to delete specific movies, tvshows or episodes from the emby library and they are deleted from the drive.

Not sure what else can I check...Attached is the last log file that I find in the server, but not sure if I generated correctly...I can't see much info about the pluging in it...

Any advice will be welcome!...Thanks!

btw, does this pluging works with emby-server running in linux right?

embyserver (3).txt

56 minutes ago, buhochileno said:

Hi guys,

I new to VirtualTV Pluging and a little less newbie about emby...

Right now my emby server 4.5 is running smoothly on my  Ubuntu 20.04 server, I can access my library from all my devices on the local network, etc..using emby UI or kodi pluging everything looks fine (libraries autoupdate on all devices, emby is able to save subtitles and metadata into the media folders, etc, )..

So I decive to give a shot at VirtualTV to play my old tvshows, I make a "test" channel with playlist type of streaming and all other parameters/values as instructed on the original pluging post....After refresh the guide the channel show up inside "Live TV" on my homescreen but selecting the "test" channel and I only get a black screen with the "No compatible streams are currently available. Please try again later or...."  message and nothing else, back screen..

I not sure if is an access issue since emby server is able to save metadata into the .nfo files or all folders as also subtitles, I even able to delete specific movies, tvshows or episodes from the emby library and they are deleted from the drive.

Not sure what else can I check...Attached is the last log file that I find in the server, but not sure if I generated correctly...I can't see much info about the pluging in it...

Any advice will be welcome!...Thanks!

btw, does this pluging works with emby-server running in linux right?

embyserver (3).txt 64.34 MB · 0 downloads

Hi, are you able to update to Emby Server 4.7.6?

buhochileno
9 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi, are you able to update to Emby Server 4.7.6?

Hi, ...I can try but can you point me to some package for the 4.7? (for ubuntu 20.04)..I will prefer to not compile from sources and also not loose my current libraries (it was a pain to put everything in order), what should I backup to be sure?

Nothing to do with the 4.5 version?

Thanks!

buhochileno
3 hours ago, buhochileno said:

Hi, ...I can try but can you point me to some package for the 4.7? (for ubuntu 20.04)..I will prefer to not compile from sources and also not loose my current libraries (it was a pain to put everything in order), what should I backup to be sure?

Nothing to do with the 4.5 version?

Thanks!

..Ok, I did the update, everything survive and seems fine..I also update the dll for VirtualTV for emby 4.7, but now I get a  "No playable items were found. Are you trying to play an empty folder?"...they are not empty of course...what I missing?

8 hours ago, buhochileno said:

..Ok, I did the update, everything survive and seems fine..I also update the dll for VirtualTV for emby 4.7, but now I get a  "No playable items were found. Are you trying to play an empty folder?"...they are not empty of course...what I missing?

Hi there, please attach a new Emby Server log from 4.7.6. Thanks.

buhochileno
3 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi there, please attach a new Emby Server log from 4.7.6. Thanks.

embyserver (5).txt   ...here is , I don't think is an access denied issue...emby is able to delete files on the source when I remove from the library and subtitles seems to be able to be downloaded next to movies/episodes...

thanks

buhochileno
17 hours ago, buhochileno said:

embyserver (5).txt   ...here is , I don't think is an access denied issue...emby is able to delete files on the source when I remove from the library and subtitles seems to be able to be downloaded next to movies/episodes...

thanks

Never mind guys...after a bunch of reboots and refresh is working!...now I just need to play with tags and filter fields to get the channels as I want.

Thanks! ...great software, great plugin!

• Thanks 1

• 3 months later...
radioactivesqrl

Sorry to 'hijack' this somewhat old thread, but would it be possible to change this error message to something a bit more useful to the user. I'm fairly technical person myself, and this error message doesn't give me any useful information on what possibly went wrong or how to fix it. It seems like it's more of a catch-all for any playback errors.

12 hours ago, radioactivesqrl said:

Sorry to 'hijack' this somewhat old thread, but would it be possible to change this error message to something a bit more useful to the user. I'm fairly technical person myself, and this error message doesn't give me any useful information on what possibly went wrong or how to fix it. It seems like it's more of a catch-all for any playback errors.

HI, yes it's something that needs to be improved. Thanks for the feedback.

• 1 month later...

Hi guys,

Hope you’re doing well.

I’ve just updated my emby server to the last stable version which is : 4.7.11.0 

Have also updated my jail to the version 12.3-RELEASE-p11

Everything is running on TrueNas version TrueNAS-13.0-U3.1

Since then, I’ve got a some playback problem on my Tv Shows library. Some shows are working while others aren’t. :(

Here’s what I’ve got:

Playback error

No compatible streams are currently available. Please try again later or contact your system administrator for details..

You also need to know that every media are working on the computer with my VLC player. I’ve also made the command : pkg install ffmpeg and nothing 😕 

Hope that some one will be able to help me with this issue again :( @Lukeand @Happy2Playdo you have any ideas for me ?? 

Thanks in advance for your help and time. 🙂 Max

FD80FDE5-0F6D-45E4-82E0-C58B5E1CC773.jpeg

0FAB10EA-2674-4346-B320-13E2949AF58E.png

78E44403-50EF-4A11-BE97-6520BB7CE929.jpeg

3DEFF182-F260-4DCD-BE87-6B0B9A466888.jpeg

ffmpeg-transcode-2a7bbbdc-4cd4-4621-b827-623a76e3103b_1.txt ffmpeg-transcode-e60294ce-5e81-4732-93db-37efe8956db7_1.txt embyserver.txt

Happy2Play

@msauveDoes it only happen with subtitles?  But appears to be with scaling and graphical subs.

00:51:58.354 subtitle input filter: decoding size 0x0
00:51:58.354 Auto-inserting subfeed filter
00:51:58.354 Auto-inserting graphicsub2video filter
00:51:58.357 [swscaler @ 0x808273180] 416x30 -> 0x0 is invalid scaling dimension
00:51:58.357 Cannot initialize the conversion context. dstW=0 dstH=0
00:51:58.357 Error while filtering: Invalid argument
00:51:58.357 Failed to inject frame into filter network: Invalid argument
00:51:58.357 Error while processing the decoded data for stream #0:2
00:51:58.358 Conversion failed!

Devs will have to comment further on the scaling issue.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Happy2Play said:

@msauveDoes it only happen with subtitles?  But appears to be with scaling and graphical subs.

00:51:58.354 subtitle input filter: decoding size 0x0
00:51:58.354 Auto-inserting subfeed filter
00:51:58.354 Auto-inserting graphicsub2video filter
00:51:58.357 [swscaler @ 0x808273180] 416x30 -> 0x0 is invalid scaling dimension
00:51:58.357 Cannot initialize the conversion context. dstW=0 dstH=0
00:51:58.357 Error while filtering: Invalid argument
00:51:58.357 Failed to inject frame into filter network: Invalid argument
00:51:58.357 Error while processing the decoded data for stream #0:2
00:51:58.358 Conversion failed!

Devs will have to comment further on the scaling issue.

@Happy2PlayIm not aware if its a subtitle problem. I can’t even start the show. :( But the weird thing is that some movies or tv shows do work ??

Ill be waiting for further new guys ;)

Thanks in advance!