Feature request on Missing Episodes (I think)

KLF&TLF

KLF&TLF

Hi,

Is there a way of identifying which files are not 100%? My example is this:

I have 20,000+ episodes during the course of collecting these I know that my internet failed and I screwed up and deleted the download action before it completed. However Emby is telling me that the file is not missing. So my example is this (don't judge me on my content ;) )

I have attached a snippet of my download. Lets look at APB as you can see it is still very much downloading and not even half way done. If I go to Emby and the show it is showing it is there, but rather than being a total dick I thought lets check some reports as well. So looking at User Based Show Stats it shows that all 12 episodes are there are accounted for. From here (because I have opened my eyes) I went to Reports and selected missing episodes.

The normal side of me says no because it comes down to the fact that the file is created and can be various sizes , but when I started thinking in programming world I thought that maybe when the system runs a media scan there could be a line in the script (that you can turn on or off as it would be resource draining) that does a force check to see if the play is compatible/playable.

But all good if not possible because I think I have a clunky workaround.

Screen Shot 2022-04-15 at 10.15.24 am.png

Screen Shot 2022-04-15 at 10.17.43 am.png

Screen Shot 2022-04-15 at 10.19.19 am.png

Screen Shot 2022-04-15 at 10.21.29 am.png

Screen Shot 2022-04-15 at 10.21.41 am.png

Screen Shot 2022-04-15 at 10.21.48 am.png

KLF&TLF

Not left behind, more like when the file starts downloading Emby goes ..... Woohoo you now have the missing episode and we can party. When I only have a small proportion of the file down. Currently I am trying to obtain some really obscure episodes and my download torrent may take a few weeks to get. During this time I am trying to organise my library and identify what's missing (the thing driving me around the bend)

Happy2Play

If understanding this correctly, you would have to disable RTM and (disable Scheduled Scans) only scan Emby when no downloading is happening as Emby just sees a file is present matching Season/Episode number and thinks the item is present whether complete or not.  Just like building a library with Stub files, no media is present, but no media is missing either as there is a placeholder for the media.

Edited by Happy2Play

KLF&TLF

Yeah that's what I thought was the case. I will leave my set up the way that it is because I add "current" shows daily and I have a database of my missing stuff so I do have a clunky workaround.

But thanks anyway for my original thoughts

Happy2Play

Yes, depending on one's configuration you could throw the server into a scan loop as files are continuously changing.

KLF&TLF

If I was smart and had of thought about it before jumping head first into this I would have but I have around 300 files currently downloading and moving them is painful so after much kicking and internal wrestling I have deleted my libraries and I am currently moving my completed ones into a new file structure and leaving my downloads coming. Hopefully that will help me out if not I give up.

chef

Recently, after many pain staking hours of programming, I was able to change the auto organize application to check the source file for is availability prior to accessing (moving / copying) it from it's source folder.

I also was able to add the ability to have multiple source folders that auto organize would check for new media.

just thought I'd bring it up, it might be helpful.

Amongst other plugin app I've written, one I use regularly,  monitors a folder for files with specific extentions (.rar, .zip, .mkv, .avi, etc).

Upon locating these files, the plugin will unzip, or copy the appropriately, into the auto organize folder for sorting.

the plugin can not access the file while it is being accessed by other programs. That means that the file is left alone until it is completely 'recorded' to your computer.

after it is unpacked, auto organize handles the rest.

never had a problem in years. Completely auto-magical! 😃

Let me know if I can help you in any way.

you may consider keeping your 'recorded' folder out of emby, and using other means to get those files sorted into emby libraries, when they are ready. 

KLF&TLF

that sounds really nice, at the moment this is my current file structure and its not perfect so I am not sure my solution anymore

3 drives that has the following:

Movies, TV Shows 1 (This has A - H in it), Drive 2 TV Shows 2 (I - Q) and Drive 3 (TV Shows 3 (R to Z). Where my new problem is, is that Drive 2 and 3 have all TV shows off the root and I don't really want to move them as its a pain in my butt to do that so I have my TV show library pathed to just the 3 folders containing the completed shows. So now I am trying to work out the best way to identify what's coming and what's not but it sounds like you have the answer

KLF&TLF

However, I have one left field question and sorry if this scenario is confusing as it works in my head

Say I create a User called Master and then another User being Me. Me only having access to 3 TV show Folders but Master having Access to all 6 TV Show folders. If I run the User Stats Feature will it read all 6 folders for Master and only the 3 Folders for Me. I don't want to screw around with my config of users if it won't work.

Thanks in advance 

I am thinking I can identify slowly what's complete and move them over as they complete