Add support for opensubtitles new beta website

Junglejim

Happy2Play

Is the api any different? Websites don't really mean much.

opensubtitles | Stoplight

.org api currently offline

"Site will be online soon. We are doing some necessary backups and upgrades. Thanks for understanding."

Edited by Happy2Play

Junglejim
6 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

Is the api any different? Websites don't really mean much.

opensubtitles | Stoplight

.org api currently offline

"Site will be online soon. We are doing some necessary backups and upgrades. Thanks for understanding."

I'm not sure about the API mate, It's my understanding that the .org site is coming to end of life and they are moving to the new beta site eventually. Maybe they ported the existing API over to the new site but I can't say for sure.. :)

This all came about from the recent hack they suffered from, so hopefully it will get sorted out.

Happy2Play

Look like it will/can be very limiting.  As Emby would be "Customer".  But I guess most will fall under "User" accounts.  

Your consumer can query the API on its own, and download 5 subtitles per requesting IP's per 24 hours, but a user must be authenticated to download more. Users will then be able to download as many subtitles as their ranks allows, from 10 as simple signed up user, to 1000 for VIP.

If you wish to offer subtitles without prompting for an opensubtitles account, please contact us and tell us about your project.

For an easier development process, you can set your consumer as "Under Development", this will allow you to perform up to 100 downloads per day without user authentication.

Download counters are reset 24 hours after the first download request

Edited by Happy2Play

Junglejim

Yea I guess the plugin would count us as users because we add are user login/password.. not too sure on that one. But 10 sounds a little limiting for sure for your general Joe. I know VIP doesn't cost that much but still. Looks like TVDB to me. :)