Strong request to add a function in server management

Kocher

Kocher

As a heavy user, it is strongly required to add a function into the server management, as follows:
When opening a specific movie or editing metadata, pleaee add an entry in the menu , as click the mouse to invoke the tools such as the system file resource manager to enter the directory where the movie is located.

I think it is not difficult to implement this function, even if it is handled in plug-in mode. Expect to add and refine this feature soon.

Thanks a lot.

Kocher

Yes, I use the windows version of Emby Server in the LAN environment and map the Synology NAS as the media library. The advantage of this is that I can make full use of the powerful Intel CPU and Nvidia GPU on my PC to improve the playback and decoding speed, while the Synology NAS is mapped. these drives are as efficient and convenient as a local disk on my PC.

21 hours ago, Kocher said:

I think it is not difficult to implement this function, even if it is handled in plug-in mode.

In earlier days, this could have been as easy as adding a "file:///" link to a folder, but those kinds of interactions have all been eliminated for security reasons.

There are still ways to achieve this, but none of them would be "non-difficult". There's always some kind of additional installation required at least.
I had thought about a feature like this myself a while ago. My conclusion was that it would already be a great help when there would be like two buttons next to a media file's path for:

• Copy folder path
  • Copy file path

Then you would only need to click the "Copy folder path" button, then WIN+E and paste the path + ENTER.

It's less convenient than direct opening of the folder, but also a much smaller change (i.e. much more likely to happen soon).

Kocher

Of course it is perfectly possible to compromise like you to achieve this goal, then hurry up and develop to achieve it! BTW, I suggest that you can develop a plug-in to achieve this function is not more convenient.