Question about music playback speed

EZEd

I've seen the topic about being able to change the playback speed of video files but when I play music there is also a menu object to change playback speed.  Accessing the dial indicator on the menu does bring up the different options for playback speed (x0.5, x2.0, x4.0 etc) but on my Android device when I chose any of these it doesn't seem to have any affect.  Is this true that the playback speed adjustment does not work with music (mp3) files?  Or am I doing something wrong?  Let me know.  Thx 

(PS: I use my Android TV device the most so I don't recall if the option exists on other clients.  If so, does ability to change playback speed work on any client for music files? - just wondering)

Okay ebr log was sent from user edyohome at 1932 CDT from Android TV device AGT418. I am running version x.33g on this device to preserve visual appeal of audio player screensaver showing backdrop/fanart images during playback.

I started a song playing, accessed the speed dial icon, changed speed to x0.5, backed out to home page with song still playing and sent log. Observed no apparent change in playback speed.

I will take a look but it could be hard for me to debug something on an old version of the app.

Okay ebr I loaded version 2070g to a TCL TV that has Android TV and the speed change capability works, so either it is the AGT418 device or the older 2033g software that does not function with the playback speed change option.  That being the case, speed change is not as high a priority function to me as the backdrop image functionality in the audio screensaver that I get in 2033g.  So I'll stay on 2033g and live without speed change unless and until the audio screensaver changes to allow options on multiple visualizations in the future.  Thanks for the investigation.

You can close the thread question unless you want to discuss audio screensaver options for future releases.  I do have some ideas if you want to hear them.

Thx again

Okay Luke - will test soon.  But it looks like it was just the fact that I'm using an older version of Android TV and eventhough the button option is available for playback speed, evidently in that version it didn't actually work.  As indicated, loaded 2070g (latest version) to another Android TV device and playback speed works.  I'll load the Android Mobile just to test and report but I'm satisfied that the question has been answered.

• Thanks 1