A Couple Pre-Roll requests

JeremyG

JeremyG

Just discovered the pre-roll function of cinema intros and i love it!       A couple things I'd like to see though:

1.  It seems that if a movie has a TrueHD track, it will always play the TrueHD Codec Pre-roll, even if I have selected a different audio track.  Would be nice if the pre-roll matched the current track.

2.  Would like to see a way to play a "4K" pre-roll for content above a certain resolution (1608+).   The codec doesnt determine the resolution, but I'd like to add a little drama when watching 4k content :)

3. There's so many great emby pre-rolls out there for Custom Intros, but we only get a random one.  I would love if maybe it could match intro name to Genre (so you could have sci-fi based pre-roll for sci movie)  But Obviously that's hard cause movies have multiple genres.   Just an idea

4.  In a similar way based on the awesome mock-studio pre-rolls @Xenom posted, it would be cool if you could match studio-name to a specific intro in the custom folder.

• Like 2

Cheesegeezer
3 minutes ago, Sammy said:

Currently Vantage Point won't play códec prerolls.

@Cheesegeezer needs to fix some code apparently borked by recent server upgrades.

Thanks Sammy,

Yeah I need to get these fixes done.  But this will give you an idea of Vantage Point can offer

@JeremyG you could use the studio and genre cleaner plugins that would consolidate multiple studios into one. The same with Genres.

These studios for example could be consolidated, DC Entertainment could be part of DC Comics.

image.thumb.png.2a10568d3057d8369e0fc9c42750f16c.png

in the plugin just map a studio/genre to another

image.png.b7c0b7b7ced4f0ef7c691f1c7b6b392c.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

JeremyG

Nice work that looks really cool!!!

I personally wont use it because use emby too much to ever deal with having it "broken", so a while back I really reduced all my plugins and functions  and am keeping it simple. 

I even turned of trailers.   As much as I like them....the quality varies, and sometimes they would lock-up.   I just want a top-notch experience. 

Sammy
On 4/13/2022 at 3:36 AM, Cheesegeezer said:

Thanks Sammy,

Yeah I need to get these fixes done. 

Update?