Clarify the "Shutdown" Option

SideCar

SideCar

(Sorry if this is a duplicate. I'm new to Emby and I couldn't find any mention about it in the search.)

So today I learned . . . very much the hard way . . . that the "shutdown" option in the settings menu of the Windows Theater app doesn't mean "shutdown the app" or "shutdown the server", it means "shutdown the entire system immediately and with no further warning".

To my mind this is extremely unexpected behavior. I can't think of another app that uses "shutdown" in this context. Maybe it's appropriate for something that performs system maintenance but a media player isn't the kind of thing I expect to instantly nuke my system from a simple menu command.

That feature was obviously put there for some sort of reason so I'm not suggesting it be removed. It should, however, be appropriately labeled as "Shutdown System" or something such so that folks like me don't accidentally trash 45 minutes of hard work thinking that they're closing their media player and end up looking at a black screen where their new CAD drawing used to be.

A simple change here would save many hard feelings in the future.

Thanks.

Edited by SideCar
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1