Latest update of portmapper on beta server

Mookdog

Mookdog

Hey guys

Listen I am not definitely sure but it seems since the last 2 beta server updates that my remote connections dont work. It all started when portmapper was updated. I reverted back to the stable server (I was using beta for awhile) and all is back to normal but as soon as I go to beta and portmapper updates it screws up the connections. My family who uses my server been calling me asking why my server wasnt working lol Maybe something u guys can look into

Thanks

Mook

Happy2Play

@Abobaderdo you know what happened to the above attachment as I see "Unavailable"? (OP reattached)

@Mookdogyou may have to reattach the log.

Edited by Happy2Play
update

Mookdog
7 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

@Abobaderdo you know what happened to the above attachment as I see "Unavailable"?

@Mookdogyou may have to reattach the log.

There reattached another log

Happy2Play
1 minute ago, Mookdog said:

I think I cured the problem. I downgraded to portmapper 1.08 and it looks to be working again

Mook

Log above does not show Portmapper installed.

Mookdog
2 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

I have so many logs I dont know which is which. If I have the problem again I will be sure to send a log straight over

Mook

12 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

do you know what happened to the above attachment as I see "Unavailable"? (OP reattached)

embyserver-63785303908.txt
No locations to display. The content may not have been saved yet or may have been deleted.

2022-04-12_5-30-56.jpg

• Thanks 1

Mookdog
19 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

Ok it did it again. It cuts off my remote connection once you jump off the emby app then try to log back in you cant

I am attaching a log now

embyserver-63785313666.txt

Happy2Play

Thanks, @Lukewill have to comment on the errors from plugin 1.0.9.0.

Mookdog
2 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

Thanks, @Lukewill have to comment on the errors from plugin 1.0.9.0.

Ok brother appreciate the help

Mook

Can you enable debug logging, then restart the server, give it a minute, and then attach the emby server log? thanks.

Mookdog
2 hours ago, Luke said:

Can you enable debug logging, then restart the server, give it a minute, and then attach the emby server log? thanks.

Hey @Luke This is the debug log.

Mook

embyserver.txt

Mookdog

@Luke I am gonna attach another log bc the problem just happened again. When I rebooted the server this time I was able to connect but after about 10 mins I will log out of the app remotely (I use my phones data) Then log back in and it doesnt let me. Like I said this only started occuring after the recent update to portmapper

Thank u so much for your assistance

Mook

embyserver-63785332058.txt

8 hours ago, Mookdog said:

@Luke I am gonna attach another log bc the problem just happened again. When I rebooted the server this time I was able to connect but after about 10 mins I will log out of the app remotely (I use my phones data) Then log back in and it doesnt let me. Like I said this only started occuring after the recent update to portmapper

Thank u so much for your assistance

Mook

embyserver-63785332058.txt 1.08 MB · 0 downloads

What does "doesn't let me" mean?

Mookdog
3 hours ago, Luke said:

What does "doesn't let me" mean?

It doesn't allow me back on the server through a remote connection. Locally it runs fine but remote connections dont work.

Mook

Edited by Mookdog

Mookdog

@Luke The spinning wheel comes up then brings me back to the page with my server listed. But when I click on my server again it comes up connection failed

Mook

Edited by Mookdog
Tag

Happy2Play

Have you tried restarting your router?  But personally, would stop using portmapper and manually Port forward Emby ports.

Mookdog
1 hour ago, Happy2Play said:

Have you tried restarting your router?  But personally, would stop using portmapper and manually Port forward Emby ports.

I actually stopped using portmapper and I do have my ports forwarded on my router and it still does it. I am gonna jump back to .33 of the beta and see if I get the same problem. I will keep u posted

Mook

Happy2Play
1 minute ago, Mookdog said:

I actually stopped using portmapper and I do have my ports forwarded on my router and it still does it. I am gonna jump back to .33 of the beta and see if I get the same problem. I will keep u posted

Mook

If you are not using it then you should disable it on Emby Network page near the bottom or uninstall it all together.