DLNA artist/album views have content from other libraries of same type

nmalinoski

nmalinoski

Emby 4.6.7.0 in a TrueNAS 12.0-U8 jail.

My configuration: Two music libraries. Effectively, one contains lossless music, and the other contains a subset of that library in a lossy encoding. Tags are consistent across both libraries, and both show up via DLNA and are browsable using VLC and my Onkyo AVR.

What's happening: It looks like when the DLNA component is compiling its lists of content for artist, album, and album artist views in a given library, it's pulling in content from all libraries of the same type; so, if I navigate to either music library, dig into any of album artists, artists, or albums for a specific album that exists in both libraries, I'm greeted with duplicated tracks--one lossless and one lossy. The Songs view seems unaffected and correctly shows only the correct lossless or lossy copy.

My expectation: That I could navigate to the lossless library and see only the lossless copy of an album, or navigate to the lossy library and only see the lossy copy of the same album.

My testing: I deleted the lossy library and let Emby rescan the files; that resulted in only the lossless music appearing (lossless and lossy were no longer lumped together). Recreating the lossy music library and waiting for Emby to rescan again resulted in the initial behavior of both libraries getting lumped together.

Then I cloned the album I was testing with to a new directory and used that as a basis for a third music library. After a rescan, navigating to this album through album artists now results in triplicates.

To put this another way:

Library structure:

• Lossless Music
    • Artist
      • Album
        • Song 1 (Lossless)
        • Song 2 (Lossless)
  • Lossy Music
    • Artist
      • Album
        • Song 1 (Lossy)
        • Song 2 (Lossy)

As presented by DLNA:

• Lossless Music
    • Album Artist
      • Artist
        • Album
          • Song 1 (Lossless)
          • Song 1 (Lossy)
          • Song 2 (Lossless)
          • Song 2 (Lossy)
  • Lossy Music
    • Album Artist
      • Artist
        • Album
          • Song 1 (Lossless)
          • Song 1 (Lossy)
          • Song 2 (Lossless)
          • Song 2 (Lossy)
Edited by nmalinoski

nmalinoski
10 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi there, how does the web app compare?

I'm seeing the same duplication issue in the web interface; album, artist, album artist views are affected, while songs is not affected.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Absolutely would be terrific to have this option. Folders is the only way I have found to play albums without duplicate songs creeping in to playback. (I keep duplicates of songs in playlist folders, and they appear in album views--not just in Emby but in Apple music, and every other "organizer" I have used.")

• Thanks 1