Any plugin for aliasing actor entries?

piratecapn

piratecapn

Hey all,

Sometimes I have multiple entries for the same person and wanted to know if there is a way to alias one record to the other (I believe the genre plugin does something like this).  95% of the time this is due to Asian actor names where they are often credited differently.  For example, I have "Sammo Hung" but also "Sammo Kam-Bo Hung" in my DB. It would be cool if I can just alias any DB records for Sammo Kam-Bo Hung to point to Sammo Hung.  That way all his movies appear under Sammo Hung in the emby GUI.

I'm fine with paying for a plugin if needed, I'm just hoping to avoid having to having to go and manually editing each record one by one.

Hello piratecapn,

** This is an auto reply **

Please wait for someone from staff support or our members to reply to you.

It's recommended to provide more info, as it explain in this thread:

Thank you.

Emby Team

Hi, the problem is, how would a plugin know how to consolidate entries without causing problems? That's why it's best to update the website of wherever the data came from.

piratecapn
2 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi, the problem is, how would a plugin know how to consolidate entries without causing problems? That's why it's best to update the website of wherever the data came from.

Ha, I figured this would be the first kind of response I got instead of a direct yes or no answer :)  Was hoping maybe there was some third party plugin out there but I know the chances are slim.

Still, it's a good question!  I'm not a programmer, but I had mentioned the genre plugin earlier, it's called Genre Cleaner.  It goes through the metadata for you and maps one genre to another.  So if I mapped Adventure to Action, it changes Adventure to Action.  So for the hypothetical plugin would similarly have a place I could put Sammo Kam-Bo Hung as an alias to Sammo Hung and then it would swap it out.  To clarify I'm not requesting such a plugin be created, just asking if one already exists.

I guess alternatively is there a plugin or more generic way to swap metadata in the Emby DB?  So i can just do a mass change where any instance of Sammo Kam-Bo Hung is swapped to Sammo Hung?

piratecapn

I guess another methodology would be to be able to create something akin to movie collections but for actors.

Happy2Play
On 4/11/2022 at 12:04 PM, Luke said:

A minor conflict of providers.

image.png.806264bc4551371ec4a9ecd3d0c3831b.png

J. D. Pardo — The Movie Database (TMDB) (themoviedb.org)

JD Pardo - TheTVDB.com

So one primarily shows Movies and the other TV.  Both have exact same ids.