Feature Request: Album shuffle from playlist

SnackClip

SnackClip

I like to be able to listen to an album at a time and having the app shuffle for me keeps things fresh. It's also a feature of kodi, but I am looking for an alternative due to crashes. So it'd be much appreciated.

• Like 2

Hi.  You are saying you want to play entire albums at once but you want to shuffle the order of the albums?  e.g. :

All of album x would play in order
then all of album y would play in order

then all of album z would play in order

SnackClip

That's precisely the feature I want. You have a playlist of albums -> hit play album shuffled button -> it plays a random full album followed by another random full album so on and so forth. If you wanted to make it even cooler than kodi you could include an option to announce the album artist and album name and/or year at the start of each album.

[moved to FR forum as this would be a system-wide request]

I guess this could be accomplished with the combination of the ability to add albums to playlists (not currently possible) and then also to sort that playlist by "random" and then play from the beginning.

• Like 1

SnackClip

I thought I was able to add a folder with the album in it to the playlist with a single action. The songs from that folder wound up in the playlist in order.

22 hours ago, SnackClip said:

I thought I was able to add a folder with the album in it to the playlist with a single action. The songs from that folder wound up in the playlist in order.

Right.  Currently, adding an album to a playlist adds all the songs for that album - not the album itself.  That would have to change for this FR to work.