bendini20

bendini20

Hello all! 

I am using the docker for Emby media Server on unraid. The functionality of the docker is no different than a socker on any other linux distro. 

The docker I use: https://registry.hub.docker.com/r/emby/embyserver/

I have my Emby and Plex dockers use ram as a transcoding working directory to save SSD life. I have /tmp mapped to the docker and both Plex and Emby are able to utilize the ram. However, Emby does not purge this cache once playback (the transcoding job) is finished. Plex on the other hand does this perfectly. I frequently check on my server, and ram usage will be somewhat high. After inspecting the directories, Emby transcoding is always the culprit, and no playbacks are occurring on the Emby Server. The transcoding directory is full of:

image.png.2ff99f7ec09912efa19c81ca9a2c64ab.png

Once I delete all of this, ram usage goes back to normal. I have had to do this many times. I am not sure if it is a bug with Emby or a config issue. Any further assistance would be appreciated. Thanks. 

Happy2Play

This changes in 4.7 and should no longer be an issue.

• Clean HLS segments during playback when disk space is low

bendini20

When is version 4.7 released?

Also, I would like it to remove segments immediately after playback is terminated, not just when it determines disk space is low.

Happy2Play
4 hours ago, bendini20 said:

When is version 4.7 released?

Also, I would like it to remove segments immediately after playback is terminated, not just when it determines disk space is low.

Still working through some issues, but hopefully soon.

Technically every client already does this unless session is not stopped properly, a server restart will clear the folder.  Only really problematic client I know of is the Roku.  So more information would be need if sessions are not cleaning up after received STOP from a specific client.