Some MP3 files fail to play

DonMacaroni
Go to solution Solved by softworkz,

DonMacaroni

@softworkz yes, I have disabled all online sources for music as well for my collection. As I have fully tagged files, with standardized set of tags, I really don’t need any online sources.
Also, from the past experience, I already know that sofwtare may identify about 1/4 of my library items completely wrong as I have pretty rare items in my library, from the days when I worked as DJ.

And don’t get me wrong, I don’t doubt in the quality of your work 😉

Edited by DonMacaroni
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, DonMacaroni said:

I have pretty rare items in my library, from the days when I worked as DJ.

I know that situation, even though I haven't digitized most of the vinyl 🙂 
Sometimes, I wonder though, who has fed so many test presses and white labels into Shazam..

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
DonMacaroni

Well, updated to 4.7.5.0 manually and still these files won't play 😕

Any suggestions? 

EDIT: Nevermind, all is fine...I simply should not have attempted to play them back directly from that "filter list" where I kept them for easy tracking and also I needed to click "refresh metadata" on these... :D
Excellent work and huge thank you @softworkz 🤗

Edited by DonMacaroni

DonMacaroni

@Luke in 4.6.7.0 where I encountered that issue, I filtered my Music collection like shown in the first post, to identify and track all the affected files.
I call that "filter list" as it shows you filtered results of your collection, based on set criteria from where you could initiate playback as well.

Simply put, I used filtering functionality to create "virtual" playlist of affected files, so I would know which ones they are.

Edited by DonMacaroni

DonMacaroni

As issue is clearly solved in last stable release, I don't think it really matters anymore though :D

• Thanks 1