TV Theme Videos Plugin Questions and Support Thread

radeon

psykix

Haha! Yeah.. Well my uploads were ok I think!

Also, I'd rather have no video backdrop and let it default to the audio rather than a crappy backdrop.

Dunno if it is just me btw, but Bitten seems to have no audio to the video.

Edited by psykix

DigiTM

I'm constantly removing tv themes since so many are just crap/trailers. Bitten audio works for me, however maybe it's a new theme for it.  My one is just the intro of the show which was downloaded ages ago.  Is there a better one now?  Also wondering how do I know which ones have been updated for a better version?  Or do I have to just delete all of them and start from scratch?

Ghostm

ill add it to the list.

On another note, im noticing several new tv theme videos which are just trailers/promo videos. Examples being Extant, You're the worst, Rush, I'm not sure who it is, but can people stop doing it please? I just delete them from the server as they just dont cut it as theme videos.

Thanks,

I wonder if its just a few bad apples (maybe even one doing this) would be nice if you could somehow detect that user and prevent him from being part of the upload network. Although i dont know if thats possible.

I'm constantly removing tv themes since so many are just crap/trailers. Bitten audio works for me, however maybe it's a new theme for it.  My one is just the intro of the show which was downloaded ages ago.  Is there a better one now?  Also wondering how do I know which ones have been updated for a better version?  Or do I have to just delete all of them and start from scratch?

Thats basically the final piece of the puzzle, getting rid of bad ones and being able to get newer ones which would make the plugin complete for me. Im not sure if the mod idea is still ago or not.

What if radeon somehow introduced a refresh button and it would overwrite if newer backdrops were added. The refresh button perhaps could also function to remove ones that were removed by radeon for whatever reason (poor quality, unsuitable) and are not in the system as well. And if your worried about certain backdrops for whatever reason being overwritten maybe you could use a manual filter list that the program would not overwrite them if they are present in the manual filter list. This would be important because users may have a few special ones they dont want touched, i know one user said he does some of his own videos and backdrops, and i have 2 that are 1080i VC-1 and cant be played on some players so i did not share them, they do have lower quality backdrops though but they work in all clients. So i think a safe list of filters the plugin wouldnt touch would also be necessary that a user could add.

Maybe we could even make the refresh a scheduled task? Really this sounds like the sync idea radeon already mentioned :)

Then we would just need a way to upload the better ones easily if one already exists so radeon can get them.

Just an idea though radeon is the one who actually has to put it in motion so its always easy for me to offer ideas :)

Tv shows im more concerned about getting better ones, i like the tv show intros they are fine as backdrops but they often have the network logo stapled all over it, and then when the bluray is released you can usually get an even better one.

Edited by Ghostm

jscoys

Hi,

Installed the plugin 3 days ago, all is correctly downloaded, really awesome!

Edited by jscoys

buddyweiser

Hi,

Installed the plugin 3 days ago, and nothing downloaded... I've theme.mp3 for my TV Shows too, do you think there is a conflict and that's why the plugin doesn't download video background?

Both of those plugins should work in conjunction with each other. Did you buy the plugin? If not, I believe it will only download themes for tv shows that start with the letter "A". Do you have any of those?

• Like 1

radeon

Hi,

Installed the plugin 3 days ago, and nothing downloaded... I've theme.mp3 for my TV Shows too, do you think there is a conflict and that's why the plugin doesn't download video background?

Hey @@jscoys

A few questions...

When you say nothing has downloaded, how have you confirmed this?

Are you running the trial or is it registered? If its trial, only shows beginning with A will download

Have you checked the download filters within the plugin's config?

Having theme.mp3s definitely wont prevent the download.

the videos are placed in a folder called backdrops which is hidden, do you have hidden files and folders showing?

jscoys

Hello! Actually I changed my post : all is downloaded now, it is working great!

Now i have an other problem : i have an external video player setup in my Meda Browser Theatre. When I go on the tv show page' instead of opening the video in background, it opens the video with my external player. Do you have a solution for this problem?

psykix

Now i have an other problem : i have an external video player setup in my Meda Browser Theatre. When I go on the tv show page' instead of opening the video in background, it opens the video with my external player. Do you have a solution for this problem?

I have a similar issue to be honest - my screen refresh rate changes for some of the backdrops, but not others. This results in a blanking of the screen.

I think what we need is for MBT to be changed to ignore MadVR (in my case) and external players when playing the video backdrops and just use the internal player.

At the moment it isn't as seamless as it should be.

Maybe it's something @@Luke can look at?

jscoys

I have a similar issue to be honest - my screen refresh rate changes for some of the backdrops, but not others. This results in a blanking of the screen.

I think what we need is for MBT to be changed to ignore MadVR (in my case) and external players when playing the video backdrops and just use the internal player.

At the moment it isn't as seamless as it should be.

Maybe it's something @@Luke can look at?

Ohhhh yes @@Luke you'll be a king if you integrate these changes in MBT!

Edited by jscoys

psykix

These have stopped downloading again for me. Getting the same "server committed a protocol violation error" in the logs.

josh1121

Long time lurker, MB2 & 3 supporter, but this is my first feature request.

Probably an odd request, but is there the possibility of making the folder location of the theme.mp4 customizable? I am using sickbeard and every "scan" causes an error for each series that the theme.mp4 is not a valid file. Sickbeard is not able to ignore a file type (asked them too), but they can ignore the "extras" folder. If I could put all of the themes in the "extras" folder, it would solve the errors.

Thoughts?

JDizzy

Yeah... been down that road... suggested they change the code to check if "backdrop" to always use the internal player.

One way I dealt with it was to have the external player ignore .mp4 files. I then renamed all my .mp4 movies to the .mkv extension so all would go to the external player. Worked great..... Problem I ran into down the line was I believe my ROKU box does not like the renamed videos and throws an error saying it can not play the renamed files.... The rest all pay fine though

oh well....  You could always re encode the movies but.... ugh

I have since gone back to internal player with LAV and MadVR filters... I was using Reclock to keep video and audio in sync but it seems in latest build Reclock is missing,,,,, if it ain't one thing, it's six!

psykix

Yeah... been down that road... suggested they change the code to check if "backdrop" to always use the internal player.

One way I dealt with it was to have the external player ignore .mp4 files. I then renamed all my .mp4 movies to the .mkv extension so all would go to the external player. Worked great..... Problem I ran into down the line was I believe my ROKU box does not like the renamed videos and throws an error saying it can not play the renamed files.... The rest all pay fine though

oh well....  You could always re encode the movies but.... ugh

I have since gone back to internal player with LAV and MadVR filters... I was using Reclock to keep video and audio in sync but it seems in latest build Reclock is missing,,,,, if it ain't one thing, it's six!

I still have issues with video backdrops even using the MBT internal player and MadVR. Some backdrops seem to change the refresh rate on my TV so I get brief blank periods.

The only solution I think is for MBT to use ONLY the internal player when playing video backdrops. That will make browsing more seamless. Don't think there's any way to configure that though from a user perspective.

Ghostm

I could probably bring that issue up to the appropriate party in mbt but im guessing hes going to tell me hes not going to fix it until the redesign is finished. 

I dont know if i encountered this issue before and i have refresh rate in madvr enabled, all my backdrops seem to play at 60hz. 

Edited by Ghostm

psykix

Maybe that's the issue - my desktop is set to 50hz as I'm in the UK.

Maybe changing my desktop to 60hz would stop the rate changes. Although some of the backdrops don't change the refresh rate.

Anyway it's not hugely important until MBT is further down the line I guess.

At the moment I can't even get the plugins to download anything so it's a moot point at my end!!

radeon

Maybe that's the issue - my desktop is set to 50hz as I'm in the UK.

Maybe changing my desktop to 60hz would stop the rate changes. Although some of the backdrops don't change the refresh rate.

Anyway it's not hugely important until MBT is further down the line I guess.

At the moment I can't even get the plugins to download anything so it's a moot point at my end!!

Not really sure what i can do about this no downloading malarkey?! Its working perfectly for me, i cant even repro and i can see its working great for others as the bandwidth usage is as mad high as usual. I sent them a response to the ticket when you posted on the 11th from the previous issue and not heard anything back. Other than moving hosts, im not sure what i can do?!

Anyone got any ideas for alternate hosting?! We're looking at about 400gb of storage required and 4TB of bandwidth down per month. No idea on the up!

Edited by radeon

psykix

Not really sure what i can do about this no downloading malarkey! I sent them a response to the ticket when you posted on the 11th and not heard anything back. Other than moving hosts, im not sure what i can do?!

Anyone got any ideas for alternate hosting?! We're looking at about 400gb of storage required and 4TB of bandwidth down per month. No idea on the up!

I'm not grumbling by the way!

Are you paying for Mediafire?

Mega do monthly packages. But the middle package is like 20 euro a month and it would only just cover your current storage and bandwidth requirements so no room for growth.

As MBS grows over the months you're gonna struggle to cope with the bandwidth.

I'm not sure what to suggest!

It's a pity that the backdrops have to be downloaded, as my broadband connection could handle streaming it direct from the source URL - especially in the case of movies. The TV themes tend to get played repeatedly.

radeon

I'm not grumbling by the way!

Are you paying for Mediafire?

Mega do monthly packages. But the middle package is like 20 euro a month and it would only just cover your current storage and bandwidth requirements so no room for growth.

As MBS grows over the months you're gonna struggle to cope with the bandwidth.

I'm not sure what to suggest!

It's a pity that the backdrops have to be downloaded, as my broadband connection could handle streaming it direct from the source URL - especially in the case of movies. The TV themes tend to get played repeatedly.

Ah yeah, i know you're not grumbling, its all good. It's an issue an they need to sort it!

Problem is, they have a really decent api which handles 90% of the lookups i do and their upload facility is really handy too.

Yeah, really need room for growth! and streaming would just push my bandwidth ridiculously through the roof!!! dont go there! please! ;-)

psykix

Ah yeah, i know you're not grumbling, its all good. It's an issue an they need to sort it!

Problem is, they have a really decent api which handles 90% of the lookups i do and their upload facility is really handy too.

Yeah, really need room for growth! and streaming would just push my bandwidth ridiculously through the roof!!! dont go there! please! ;-)

I meant streaming from the original URL, not from you....

:-)

• 1 month later...

Looks like the plugin is pulling in wrong video for South Park, it appears to be grabbing the one for Dads.

Sorry for the delay, away on business this week and next. South Park should be fixed now. Delete the one you have locally and the one within the plugin filter list and re run the tool :-)

• Like 1

hydriplex

Sorry for the delay, away on business this week and next. South Park should be fixed now. Delete the one you have locally and the one within the plugin filter list and re run the tool :-)

Still grabbing the one for Dads :). Even tried restarting the server.

• Like 1

radeon

Still grabbing the one for Dads :). Even tried restarting the server.

Bugger! Forgot to rebuild the cache! Give it a go now! :-)

• 2 weeks later...