TV Theme Videos Plugin Questions and Support Thread

radeon

• 4 weeks later...
psykix

Hi John,

Just reinstalled this again yesterday - however something is broken :-

2014-07-25 23:14:07.0128 Error - App: TV Theme VideosError downloading file from host
	The server committed a protocol violation. Section=ResponseStatusLine
	MediaBrowser.Model.Net.HttpException
	   at MediaBrowser.Common.Implementations.HttpClientManager.HttpClientManager.GetTempFileException(Exception ex, HttpRequestOptions options, String tempFile)
	   at MediaBrowser.Common.Implementations.HttpClientManager.HttpClientManager.<GetTempFileResponse>d__23.MoveNext()
	--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
	   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
	   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
	   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ValidateEnd(Task task)
	   at MediaBrowser.Plugins.ThemeVideos.Search.LocalThemeVideoDownloader.<DownloadThemeVideoForItem>d__1.MoveNext()
	InnerException: System.Net.WebException
	   at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetResponse(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
	   at System.Threading.Tasks.TaskFactory`1.FromAsyncCoreLogic(IAsyncResult iar, Func`2 endFunction, Action`1 endAction, Task`1 promise, Boolean requiresSynchronization)
	   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
	   at MediaBrowser.Common.Implementations.HttpClientManager.HttpClientManager.<GetTempFileResponse>d__23.MoveNext()

2014-07-25 23:14:07.0238 Debug - App: TV Theme Videos - No Video Found for [Psych] | TmdbID: [79335]
2014-07-25 23:14:07.0238 Info - App: TV Theme VideosFound theme video http://www.mediafire.com/?z5fj8lzm873jjtf for Happy Valley
2014-07-25 23:14:07.0238 Info - App: HttpClientManager.GetTempFileResponse url: http://www.mediafire.com/?z5fj8lzm873jjtf
2014-07-25 23:14:07.8550 Error - App: Error getting response from http://www.mediafire.com/?z5fj8lzm873jjtf
	System.Net.WebException
	   at System.Threading.Tasks.TaskFactory`1.FromAsyncCoreLogic(IAsyncResult iar, Func`2 endFunction, Action`1 endAction, Task`1 promise, Boolean requiresSynchronization)

radeon

Hi John,

Just reinstalled this again yesterday - however something is broken :-

2014-07-25 23:14:07.0128 Error - App: TV Theme VideosError downloading file from host
	MediaBrowser.Model.Net.HttpException
	   at MediaBrowser.Common.Implementations.HttpClientManager.HttpClientManager.GetTempFileException(Exception ex, HttpRequestOptions options, String tempFile)
	   at MediaBrowser.Plugins.ThemeVideos.Search.LocalThemeVideoDownloader.<DownloadThemeVideoForItem>d__1.MoveNext()
	InnerException: System.Net.WebException

2014-07-25 23:14:07.0238 Debug - App: TV Theme Videos - No Video Found for [Psych] | TmdbID: [79335]
2014-07-25 23:14:07.0238 Info - App: TV Theme VideosFound theme video http://www.mediafire.com/?z5fj8lzm873jjtf for Happy Valley
2014-07-25 23:14:07.0238 Info - App: HttpClientManager.GetTempFileResponse url: http://www.mediafire.com/?z5fj8lzm873jjtf
2014-07-25 23:14:07.8550 Error - App: Error getting response from http://www.mediafire.com/?z5fj8lzm873jjtf
	System.Net.WebException

Yo @@psykix, couldnt wait for me to reply to your email! pfft! ;-)

Everything is working fine here for me.

I dont watch happy valley but i just added the folder to my collection and everything worked absolutely fine.

The error looks to me like the host may have been having issues at the time. Can you try again now.

psykix

Haha! I wasn't sure if you were picking up emails!

Anyway, tried yesterday, tried this morning and tried again just now. It gives that "server committed a protocol violation" error message for every single TV Series, not just the one I posted the log for.

Any ideas since it is working for you?

Are you running the latest dev build?

radeon

Nope, just beta on my main rig the plugin sits on daily. Not got the ability to run up on dev rig as away for the week.

What are you running of the server and what plugin version. The latest is 1.1.1.0 for my plugin i think.

Edit: can you download the file from your server from the link in the log?

Edited by radeon

psykix

Ok.. I'm running latest dev version.

Plugin is version 1.1.1.0

And no, if I cut and paste the URL from the log then it just sits there and does nothing. Tried Safari & Chrome.

Tried it directly on the server too now using IE and still no joy.

radeon

Ok, pasting from the log into the browser translates to 

However nothing happens - no download, nothing!

works fine for me? :-/ whos ya isp?

radeon

ISP is BT Infinity.

Full log attached in case it helps.

Im not sure what the log will do as it appears to be a server side issue that I cant control and I really cant port 200GB+ of themes to an alternate host. Could you try something like Hola in Chrome to give you a usa vpn and see if the manual link works.

Otherwise @@Cheesegeezer !!! I know you're on infinity, can you try me plugin please?

radeon

Ok.. this is strange.

If I cut and paste some of the URL's out of the log then some download ok, and others don't..

This works :-

http://www.mediafire.com/?8bdyx93wwk7ajei

This doesn't :-

http://www.mediafire.com/?n5uatudesd7jcvo

But they all give an error in the actual log and nothing is downloaded by the plugin.

Baffled!

hmm, seems strange, both of those work for me fine. can you list some names of some that dont work with the plugiin that @@Cheesegeezer can try if he's able and willing?

psykix

Ok.. so just tried both those links again and they both worked this time.

Argh!

I think we can rule out a problem with the links then (which you'll be pleased to hear!)

@@Cheesegeezer do you have this plugin working successfully on the latest dev build?

Edited by psykix

psykix

Played around some more with this.

Movie Videos theme plugin has the same problem for me.

Tried switching to latest Beta and also Release, but have the same error with those too.

I have no idea what the issue may be, but it looks like it's isolated to my setup!

Bing_VPR

Played around some more with this.

Movie Videos theme plugin has the same problem for me.

Tried switching to latest Beta and also Release, but have the same error with those too.

I have no idea what the issue may be, but it looks like it's isolated to my setup!

Looks like I'm having the same issue. Been meaning to raise it for a little while, just been busy. Will dig out details later, but am running Beta server and latest plugin (1.1.1.0). Issue on both movies and tv. I'm on Sky fibre.

From the links above, sometimes they work, sometimes I get a network error page on a file playing window.

Bing_VPR

Tried running the plug-in again yesterday/today and all seems to be working!

Not quite sure why, as nothing has changed as far as I know, and wasn't working for a couple of weeks prior to this :huh: 

• Like 1

radeon

Tried running the plug-in again yesterday/today and all seems to be working!

Not quite sure why, as nothing has changed as far as I know, and wasn't working for a couple of weeks prior to this :huh:

Something has changed, because it is also working here now too :-)

Cool, I'm on me holidays at the minute but i submitted a ticket to MediaFire before I left so I guess they have sorted it? They haven't responded to my ticket tho! :-/

• Like 1

psykix

I forgot how good the video backdrops were!

I'm gonna go through and try to add all the missing ones I have.

One thing though - the Mrs Browns Boys one makes my screen resolution change so could do with altering that one for a 1080p one.

Also the one for The Middle is awful - need to try to find a better one for that.

psykix

Hmm.. anyone got any idea why my tv is flicking between resolutions when playing the different movie backdrops in MBT? MBT seems to use the internal player to play the backdrops which is fine, but the blanking of the display while it changes res when flicking through TV Series is a bit annoying - it also changes TV res twice as the backdrop loops too.

Does it on some, but not others. All 1920x1080 so not sure what the issue is...

(MadVR is used for Movies and actual TV Series)

psykix

@@radeon could you add another dropdown on the below screen to list shows with missing backdrops? Helps when going through finding which have them and which don't...

53db80d8153b4_ScreenShot20140801at125649

radeon

@@radeon could you add another dropdown on the below screen to list shows with missing backdrops? Helps when going through finding which have them and which don't...

ill add it to the list.

On another note, im noticing several new tv theme videos which are just trailers/promo videos. Examples being Extant, You're the worst, Rush, I'm not sure who it is, but can people stop doing it please? I just delete them from the server as they just dont cut it as theme videos.

Thanks,

• Like 2

psykix

It wasn't me.. but what do you mean by trailers/promo videos?

Maybe there should be some guidelines for what constitutes a good theme video?

radeon

It wasn't me.. but what do you mean by trailers/promo videos?

Maybe there should be some guidelines for what constitutes a good theme video?

exactly that, anything generally with some deep voiced bloke talking over the top of the cast whilst they run around in an excitable fashion lol.

Ideally the theme videos should come from either a blu ray menu background or be the actual intro to the show.

I.e.

This is perfect:

This is rubbish: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXTfMpShL3M

Edited by radeon
  • Like 1