TV Theme Videos Plugin Questions and Support Thread

radeon

radeon

OK.... so I'm a moron and didn't really think this thru. The plugins sounded great and I jumped in and bought them all. Problem is I have NO idea what to do next or where to start. 

Can somebody give me a starting point?

SMH...

I have also purchase the bundle pack several months ago. Until this day have not got it to do any thing no filters are listed in the settings. And how do I manually add. Getting frustrated with this. I use PC Theatre Browser and Samsung and FIre Stick.

Apologies guys, been a little out of the loop with a couple of other things going on. You should just be able to run up the scheduled tasks from the emby dashboard and the themes will land on your server. the rest is then handled by the various emby clients. 

• 10 months later...
chippyr

So does this work on Android TV or not? I’d love to set this up but I don’t want to waste the time if it won’t work.

heula

A few days ago I purchased the bundle pack with my Pay pal account. The plugins are not yet activated in Emby and I think this is because I have an different e-mailaddress for Emby than I use for Pay Pal. How can I get the plugins activated.

I mailed but no reaction yet.

I hope this can be resolved soon.

Thanks.

Edited by radeon

radeon

A few days ago I purchased the bundle pack with my Pay pal account. The plugins are not yet activated in Emby and I think this is because I have an different e-mailaddress for Emby than I use for Pay Pal. How can I get the plugins activated.

I mailed but no reaction yet.

I hope this can be resolved soon.

Thanks.

Hey @@heula, I don't seem to have had any emails from anyone about licencing issues. Drop me a PM with your details and I'll sort for you. 

Cheers.

• Like 1

heula

The themepack plugins are still at trial version and not working. Please have a look again for me.

The plugins are not available in the emby server for shield tv. I don’t see them anywhere in the catalog.

Thanks.

Edited by heula

• 2 weeks later...

Apologies if this has been answered 50 times but do these TV/Movie theme song plugins work for both Android TV aka Shield and also Fire TV?

Edit

I know it says Media Browser Theater on the site but not sure if this is out of date.

Edited by Meso

mackatini

Hi there,

I've just installed the TV theme Video's and TV theme songs addons.

They both seem to be working well, I just have a couple of questions regarding the TV theme video plugin.

1. Where does it download the videos to?

2. It seems that not all player software supports videos. For example, Emby for Android TV doesn't have that option in the settings and nothing shows when in that series. It does work through the web app though. Only other place I've tested it, so the question is, is this normal, or is there a way to get this to work on all clients?

Cheers,

mackatini

Hi there,

I've just installed the TV theme Video's and TV theme songs addons.

They both seem to be working well, I just have a couple of questions regarding the TV theme video plugin.

1. Where does it download the videos to?

2. It seems that not all player software supports videos. For example, Emby for Android TV doesn't have that option in the settings and nothing shows when in that series. It does work through the web app though. Only other place I've tested it, so the question is, is this normal, or is there a way to get this to work on all clients?

Cheers,

Ok, I've just found the videos. Backdrop folder which I see has been marked hidden, which is why I couldn't see it at first.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
Guest phoenixexcinere

Hey, i bought the plugin yesterday and first of all: thanks for your work. :)
Some themevideos for tv shows and movies are really greate. But I have some (maybe stupid) questions.

Inside the network, is there only one theme video for each tv show and movie? And what if, if someone upload an other theme for a tc show, which ist already present? Can I change the theme or serach for an other theme, if I don`t like  the downloaded theme? I didn`t found any option to change/select the theme.

And the secon question is absout the Android App. On my Firefox Browser the themes works fine and they are shown in the background. Very nice. But with the Android App on my smartphone it will not work. Here play Emby the theme as a seperate video. So I can run the movie, if the theme video ends. It`s a little bit annoying 🙊 Can I deaktivate the themes only for Android Clients? Or did I something wrong?

I wish you a great and sunny weekend :)

The theme plugin just downloads themes for media that doesn't have it already.

All theme support is done via Emby clients and nothing to do with this plugin.  Not all Emby clients support themes yet and some handle themes a bit different depending on the client.

You can change themes manually at the file level outside of Emby as well.

• 10 months later...

I have installed emby on my synology nas and my Playback Devices are nvidia shield tv. I just bought all 4 plugins from your Website but with different Mail adress not the Same i bought emby Premiere. So i just have 14 days trial left. I installed all 4 plugins and Did a library rescan and Server reboot but the plugins can't download or find any background Videos or themes. Even the scheduled Tasks won't Start. What i am doing wrong? Can somebody help me

radeon
On 17/08/2022 at 20:55, chkdsk90 said:

I have installed emby on my synology nas and my Playback Devices are nvidia shield tv. I just bought all 4 plugins from your Website but with different Mail adress not the Same i bought emby Premiere. So i just have 14 days trial left. I installed all 4 plugins and Did a library rescan and Server reboot but the plugins can't download or find any background Videos or themes. Even the scheduled Tasks won't Start. What i am doing wrong? Can somebody help me

drop me a pm with your differen email addresses and which one was used for what and I'll be able to sort 

19 hours ago, radeon said:

drop me a pm with your differen email addresses and which one was used for what and I'll be able to sort 

i wrote you a pm. thank you very much

• 4 weeks later...
MindBullet

Hey there guys,

just arrived back at Emby and of course I wanted to install the radeon tools again. TV Theme Songs works fine and I managed that it downloads all the theme music. However, I'm not able to get any TV Theme Video to be downloaded. I ran the task for it twice, it took around 90 minutes, but there wasn't a single theme video downloaded. I'm on Ubuntu 22.04 if that helps anything.

Would be great if I could have the full experience with the videos, too. Any help is much appreciated

EDIT: Seems like I have another problem, which is that the theme.mp3 files from TV Show theme songs were downloaded, but Emby doesn't play them when I'm in the TV Show view of a show that apparently has a theme file 😕 Is there anything I need to do to get this started? I have "Play theme music" enabled in my web app settings...yet the theme songs won't play

Forget that last problem. Was solved by running a full library scan, at least there's that. Still TV Show Videos not downloading anything

Edited by MindBullet

MindBullet

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I even tried changing permissions of my media folders to 777, but it doesn't have any impact for the Theme Videos plug in. Nothing is downloaded :(

EDIT: Yep, I can confirm none of the 1.7.5.0 plugins is working for me. The only plugin that's actually downloading anything is the TV show theme *songs* (v1.6.6.7). @radeon can you maybe help me out, please? I'm desperate, none of what I've tried solved it

EDIT 2: I temporarily solved it by downgrading the plugins to 1.6.6.6/7, which is indeed working for me! Would still be great if you could have a look into it, because Emby now always updates them to their latest version as soon as I restart the server, which is pretty inconvenient.

Best wishes

Edited by MindBullet

King_Col_Bundy

Hi all, is the developer still active? I have installed the demo versions of these plugins and cannot seem to work any of them besides TV Theme Songs. When I run the scheduled task for the others, they take 0 to 1 second to complete and don't do anything. Any suggestions??

• 2 weeks later...
radeon

Having some health issues with my 10 week old daughter so out of the loop for a little while. I will be back soon

• 1 month later...
carbonbaseunit
On 9/22/2022 at 12:32 AM, King_Col_Bundy said:

Hi all, is the developer still active? I have installed the demo versions of these plugins and cannot seem to work any of them besides TV Theme Songs. When I run the scheduled task for the others, they take 0 to 1 second to complete and don't do anything. Any suggestions??

Do NOT give him any money.

• Confused 1

radeon
45 minutes ago, carbonbaseunit said:

Do NOT give him any money.

Nice! I'm not sure what that's about? I don't seem to recall you asking for support? I have been more out of the loop than I'd like to be for personal reasons so apologies if I've missed something here. 

• 9 months later...

Hey, long time speak people, I hope youre all doing well! Sorry I've not been so active. A lot of family health issues have come about and currently spending as much time with my dad after a terminal illness diagnosis back in Feb. 

Just as a heads-up, some of the domains involved in the hosting of the theme media will be updated this evening. It shouldn't cause much issue but you may see your plugin fail tonight if it happens to be scheduled whilst the new stuff propagates. 👍👍

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, WDPR4100 said:

Good evening,

the option works when I launch a film by emby web however on Apple TV, Android TV or Android the theme does not work!!!

Heya, playback of the themes is controlled by the clients, not my plugins. Be sure to check in with the relevant threads/developers for theme playback support on their clients. 👍👍

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1