TV Theme Videos Plugin Questions and Support Thread

radeon

radeon

I'm having some problems with the video host so I'm moving hosts altogether. This will enable me to bring a lot more themes too! :-D

Unfortunately it means the Movie and TV Theme Video plugins wont work until then so please bare with me.

Sorry for any inconvenience!

Edited by radeon

radeon

Ok, we're back up and running! :-D

@@mriksman & @@StudioTan, download the latest (1.0.9.0) and give that a shot! Hopefully things will work a lot smoother. :-D

Let me know how you get one.

• Like 1

StudioTan

Possibly the same issue as what I am having. 

Look at the server-xxxxxxxx.log file in C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\logs and look for errors like what I posted above.

Had a look and yep, same error.

EDIT:  Oops, responded without seeing your latest post Radeon.  Updated and everything is working now :D  Going to pick up the Movie Theme as well when I get a chance.  Thanks!

Edited by StudioTan
  • Like 1

mriksman

Well no errors, and it's downloading... but I am still not seeing anything... What else am I missing? I have the MBC plugin. I am using Chocolate Theme. 

...I've seen comments that I need to pay/install ROC theme for it to work in Chocolate? Seems odd...

Edited by mriksman

mriksman

Right. Need the ROC plugin :) Will it still work after 14 days and the trial expires? Or do I need to pay for it?

Could you update all your plugin information? It doesn't mention ROC that I can see on either the MBS or MBC plugins.

radeon

Right. Need the ROC plugin :) Will it still work after 14 days and the trial expires? Or do I need to pay for it?

Could you update all your plugin information? It doesn't mention ROC that I can see on either the MBS or MBC plugins.

@@mriksman Just up and about to take my wife to her ferry for work so I'll reply in more detail when I get back but you 100% don't need roc in order to use this plugin with mbc. You need to configure your theme video backdrops mbc plugin to use theme media as iit's source. You do it from the old school mbc configurator

mriksman

I use Chocolate Theme. I opened MBC and went to the Theme Video Backdrop configuration, and changed the drop down to use 'Theme Backdrops'. 

Opened up a TV show. Nothing.

Installed ROC, and loaded it up again. TV theme videos playing.

Will try uninstalling ROC and seeing what happens...?

OK, it still works... Must have been a server restart after changing to 'Theme Backdrops' that did it. Or something... :/

Oh... by the way. Brilliant. This and MB3 and WMC. Oh so sexy.

Edited by mriksman
  • Like 1

radeon

Hey Radeon,

Can we request themes to be added?

Thanx.

Sure, its all about availability though. If we can find it, it will be added. If you find it in the meantime, on youtube or other places, let me know the details and we'll get it added. :-D

buddyweiser

I have 2 theme videos that I have ripped from Bluray disc menus, where should I upload them? Youtube?

skywalka

I'm after:

• Keeping Up with the Kardashian's.
  • Rich Kids of Beverly Hills
  • Shah's of Sunset
  • Tabatha's Salon Takeover
  • Real Housewives of Beverly Hills
  • Real Housewives of Melbourne
  • We Ca be Heroes
  • Wentworth

Radeon, when you say "if we can find it" do you mean if you can find a backdrop that's already been made?  Are backdrops used by other media center communities?

Or do you mean if you can make it yourself by ripping dvd menus etc.

radeon

I'm after:

• Keeping Up with the Kardashian's.
  • Rich Kids of Beverly Hills
  • Shah's of Sunset
  • Tabatha's Salon Takeover
  • Real Housewives of Beverly Hills
  • Real Housewives of Melbourne
  • We Ca be Heroes
  • Wentworth

Radeon, when you say "if we can find it" do you mean if you can find a backdrop that's already been made?  Are backdrops used by other media center communities?

Or do you mean if you can make it yourself by ripping dvd menus etc.

Well the preferred is to acquire the original bluray material but if that's unavailable, the intro credits to a HD version of the show is the fall back. The reality shows are always hard as they don't have as much media available. Some have been made by others here on the community and contributed, others are made by me when time allowing. That said, I have such low hit rates on those shows that I dont know how soon it will be before they get made if original media isnt available.

TrainAss

Are there currently any issues with downloading theme videos? I searched through the logs for a show that I know had a theme video, The Office (US) and came across this:

2014-03-07 07:03:45.8137 Debug - App: Running OmdbItemProvider for \\Rivendell\Television2\The Office
2014-03-07 07:03:45.8449 Debug - App: Searching for: PmpSearcher
2014-03-07 07:03:45.8605 Error - App: Error reported by Mono.Nat: 
An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host
System.Net.Sockets.SocketException
  at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.ReceiveFrom(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, SocketFlags socketFlags, EndPoint& remoteEP)
  at System.Net.Sockets.UdpClient.Receive(IPEndPoint& remoteEP)
  at Mono.Nat.NatUtility.Receive(ISearcher searcher, List`1 clients)
  at Mono.Nat.NatUtility.SearchAndListen()

When I run the scan on the server, it takes 1 second. Is this something on my end, something on the videos end or something else entirely?

Edited by TrainAss

radeon

Are there currently any issues with downloading theme videos? I searched through the logs for a show that I know had a theme video, The Office (US) and came across this:

When I run the scan on the server, it takes 1 second. Is this something on my end, something on the videos end or something else entirely?

It looks to me like mbs is struggling to find the metadata for the show so my plugin wont download a thing until the tvdbid is set. Can you confirm that has been set from within the dashboard?

TrainAss

It looks to me like mbs is struggling to find the metadata for the show so my plugin wont download a thing until the tvdbid is set. Can you confirm that has been set from within the dashboard?

Yes, it's all correct. MBS has downloaded all the metadata, backdrops, folders, etc. I'm running the latest version of MBS (Version 3.0.5171.19958) and plugin version is 1.0.9.0

radeon

Yes, it's all correct. MBS has downloaded all the metadata, backdrops, folders, etc. I'm running the latest version of MBS (Version 3.0.5171.19958) and plugin version is 1.0.9.0

Hmm, well I just tried to download the office us theme from here and it was fine. Not really sure what to suggest.

I recently moved the host to mediafire so can you make sure you can access the site from your browser?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

TrainAss

Hmm, well I just tried to download the office us theme from here and it was fine. Not really sure what to suggest.

I recently moved the host to mediafire so can you make sure you can access the site from your browser?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

What's the address it downloads from?

radeon

There are two, the initial is removed

then

removed

is the direct link it would be attempting for the office theme in particular.

Do you have any other shows that have already downloaded ok?

Edited by radeon

TrainAss

is the direct link it would be attempting for the office theme in particular.

Do you have any other shows that have already downloaded ok?

Ultimate Spiderman, Seinfeld, Animaniacs, 24, Friends, Supernatural and Fresh Prince of Bell-Air

Edited by radeon

radeon

Ultimate Spiderman, Seinfeld, Animaniacs, 24, Friends, Supernatural and Fresh Prince of Bell-Air

cool, so whats different between when you downloaded them and now this one?

Did the links i gave you load ok and the theme download ok when you did it manually?

heula

The two and a half men theme is out of sync. Not a biggy but if there is a better one available that would be nice.

• Like 1

radeon

The two and a half men theme is out of sync. Not a biggy but if there is a better one available that would be nice.

Good spot, just replaced with a Season 9 Aston Kutcher which I have just confirmed is in sync on my system :-D

• Like 1

TrainAss

cool, so whats different between when you downloaded them and now this one?

Did the links i gave you load ok and the theme download ok when you did it manually?

Those were downloaded a while back, I think when I first loaded the plugin. Out of the 2 links you gave me, the first came back with an error;

This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.
<result>False</result>

the other downloaded what you had for The Office (US) as the live theme. Would there be anything on the server side that would prevent a video theme from being downloaded? pre-existing information or something?