TV Theme Videos Plugin Questions and Support Thread

radeon

I am using Win 7 64 - Mediabrowser 3 Server with Mediabrowser 3 Classic.

I downloaded this plugin last night so I have the latest version. ** I am using the trial **  and thus understand it will do the "A"s.

I have the standard structure of a Folder for each movie eg. "Adore (2013)" is the folder name and in this folder I have the movie "Adore (2013).mkv" and 1 folder named "Trailers" where the trailer is and it is named "Adore (2013)-trailer.mov".  This is how all my movies are set up.  And TV is set up with as well with Series name and then a Season folder for each season.

When I got to an A movie or A TV show I hear nothing.

I have the other Video plugin installed so my Trailers all play as a backdrop when I go to a movie.

When I go to this movie in Mediabrowser 3 Classic some audio is heard, but I dont see in this folder where the Theme music is added - it is also not hidden as I have turned on this Folder option in Windows.

So my first question is where are the themes saved?

In the web interface for MediaBrowser and this pluging it says something like "these tv themes have been downloaded" sorry I am not in front of it right now.  I dont have a list at all, but this might just be because it is a trial version.

Edit: Sorry this is wrong:

Next I have mixed results from my Movies with "A"s.  This is my experience...

1 movie plays the trailer - which is what happened before I added this plugin.

1 movie plays the audio - and the backdrop is black

1 movie plays the audio with the normal backdrop

1 movie does nothing.  (I assume it did not find a theme, but there is a trailer there which it normaly would play)

I have in my TV section "Arrow" and "Anger Management" and I dont get or see any changes to these.  I am sure both these are popular enough that you have them.

Can you please help?  If you refer to a log in your answer can you please let me know where this log should by default be located and if I need to turn on logging first.

Edited by darbid

radeon

Hey @@darbid

Im going to reply inline with your post as there is quite a lot and I may need some things clarified before i can give a good answer but I might be able to get it in one.  :-D

I am using Win 7 64 - Mediabrowser 3 Server with Mediabrowser 3 Classic. cool!

I downloaded this plugin last night so I have the latest version. ** I am using the trial **  and thus understand it will do the "A"s. OK, so, "this plugin", can you just confirm which one you mean? I realise we are in the TV Theme Videos Support Thread but below you make references to the TV Videos, Movie Videos and Audio which could imply you are using as many as all 4 of my plugins, 1)TV Theme Videos (MBS Plugin), 2)Movie Theme Videos(MBS Plugin), 3)TV Theme Songs (MBS Plugin) and 4)Theme Video Backdrops (MBC Plugin)

I have the standard structure of a Folder for each movie eg. "Adore (2013)" is the folder name and in this folder I have the movie "Adore (2013).mkv" and 1 folder named "Trailers" where the trailer is and it is named "Adore (2013)-trailer.mov".  This is how all my movies are set up.  And TV is set up with as well with Series name and then a Season folder for each season.

When I got to an A movie or A TV show I hear nothing.

I have the other Video plugin installed so my Trailers all play as a backdrop when I go to a movie. This sounds like you may well have ThemeVideo Backdrops (MBC plugin) installed which is perfect, and may well be where the issue lies but im not going to assume just yet! :-D. Can you just take a look in the Theme Video Backdrops (MBC Plugin) config settings within the MediaBrowser Classic Configurator and make sure you have set the Backdrop Sources Dropdown as it will likely be set to just Local Trailers. If you want to make use out of the ThemeVideos, you need to select one of the options which includes Theme Backdrops as shown here:
2014_02_14_19h22_24.png

When I go to this movie in Mediabrowser 3 Classic some audio is heard, but I dont see in this folder where the Theme music is added - it is also not hidden as I have turned on this Folder option in Windows.

So my first question is where are the themes saved? In a hidden folder named "backdrops" in each of the folders. I.e. "c:\TV\Friends\backdrops"
In the web interface for MediaBrowser and this pluging it says something like "these tv themes have been downloaded" sorry I am not in front of it right now.  I dont have a list at all, but this might just be because it is a trial version. You Just need to make sure you have ran the scheduled task to download the themes. Assuming you have a good chunk of TV shows beginning with "A", you should have some download. Some examples of those available are: Awkward, Alcatraz, According to Jim, Adam-12, Alphas, Alias, An Idiot Abroad, Arrow, Anger Management

Edit: Sorry this is wrong:
Next I have mixed results from my Movies with "A"s.  This is my experience...

1 movie plays the trailer - which is what happened before I added this plugin.
1 movie plays the audio - and the backdrop is black
1 movie plays the audio with the normal backdrop
1 movie does nothing.  (I assume it did not find a theme, but there is a trailer there which it normaly would play)

I have in my TV section "Arrow" and "Anger Management" and I dont get or see any changes to these.  I am sure both these are popular enough that you have them. Yep, they are on the list,  sounds like the scheduled task may not have been run

Can you please help?  If you refer to a log in your answer can you please let me know where this log should by default be located and if I need to turn on logging first.

Let me know how you get on and what you find! :-D

Cheers, Radeon

First thank you for replying and for dealing with my mess of a post.  I will try to have this one more ordered.

I do have the ThemeVideo Backdrops v. 1.0.0.4 installed.  Thanks to you I now know about its config which I had wrongly set.  I now have it on "Local Trailers / Then Theme Backdrops" with the second combo set to "Limit to first found source for each item".

Next I have TV Theme Songs plugin installed according to the Mediabrowser 3 server web GUI.

Me Confused: MBC Configurator / MBC Plugins in the Config Menu in WMC / Mediabrowser 3 Server web GUI;

I think i have it now but just in case you can install and configure ThemeVideo Backdrop in the MBC Configurator.  You can also install it from the MBC Plugins in the Config Menu but not configure it.  You can only find it in the Mediabrowser Server GUI.

As for TV Theme Songs - It is not in the MBC Configurator nor is it in the MBC Plugins in the Config Menu in WMC but can be only installed and configured in the Mediabrowser Server GUI. 

Scheduled Task - I set it to run "On Application Startup" and re-started the server.  It ran for 1sec.  No list in the plugins section and no new folders.   I have my folders for TVs named "Arrow (2012)" and "Anger Management (2012)" this is ok?  Does the TV Theme Song need its own permission to go through a firewall or does it use Mediabrowsers permissions?

Next I have another confusing thing.  I have read that Mediabrowser 3 supports a folder "theme-music"  with any valid audio file in it.  What is that and when do they play and do they interfere with ThemeVideo Backdrops? (I will probably ask this else where in the forum as well as I think this has little to do with your plugin)

Because I still have not got the scheduled task to run I want to test it manually, so I have manually created a folder "backdrops" (in a non A TV Series) and put an mp3 file in it.  But this does not play.  I am assuming then I still do not have my settings for ThemeVideo Backdrops set right?

Edited by darbid

Cheesegeezer

First thank you for replying and for dealing with my mess of a post.  I will try to have this one more ordered.

I do have the ThemeVideo Backdrops v. 1.0.0.4 installed.  Thanks to you I now know about its config which I had wrongly set.  I now have it on "Local Trailers / Then Theme Backdrops" with the second combo set to "Limit to first found source for each item".

Next I have TV Theme Songs plugin installed according to the Mediabrowser 3 server web GUI.

Me Confused: MBC Configurator / MBC Plugins in the Config Menu in WMC / Mediabrowser 3 Server web GUI;

I think i have it now but just in case you can install and configure ThemeVideo Backdrop in the MBC Configurator.  You can also install it from the MBC Plugins in the Config Menu but not configure it.  You can only find it in the Mediabrowser Server GUI.

I havent finished moving the options to the MBC config yet in WMC, so please continue to use MBC configurator to set the options for this plugin.

As for TV Theme Songs - It is not in the MBC Configurator nor is it in the MBC Plugins in the Config Menu in WMC but can be only installed and configured in the Mediabrowser Server GUI. 

Scheduled Task - I set it to run "On Application Startup" and re-started the server.  It ran for 1sec.  No list in the plugins section and no new folders.   I have my folders for TVs named "Arrow (2012)" and "Anger Management (2012)" this is ok?  Does the TV Theme Song need its own permission to go through a firewall or does it use Mediabrowsers permissions?

This is a server plugin which means its part of your library managemnet and not client specific, so all information is stored in the server side.

Arrow and Anger Management may not have theme songs available yet. I have Arrow and dont have a theme song in my folder, so thats probably why

Next I have another confusing thing.  I have read that Mediabrowser 3 supports a folder "theme-music"  with any valid audio file in it.  What is that and when do they play and do they interfere with ThemeVideo Backdrops? (I will probably ask this else where in the forum as well as I think this has little to do with your plugin)

Because I still have not got the scheduled task to run I want to test it manually, so I have manually created a folder "backdrops" (in a non A TV Series) and put an mp3 file in it.  But this does not play.  I am assuming then I still do not have my settings for ThemeVideo Backdrops set right?

It is just a recognised structure for different clients to use, you as the user shouldn't be affected by this. The themevideo backdrop plugin will play either structure for music. The backdrops folder you are referring to is for videos only.

Hope i've managed to tie up some loose ends for you.

Cheese :D

• Like 1

Arrow and Anger Management may not have theme songs available yet. I have Arrow and dont have a theme song in my folder, so thats probably why

Another possibility is the theme music is available but not being pulled by the plugin due to file naming on the televisiontunes site.  I've had that happen with several shows so I just went and downloaded the file myself, named it theme.mp4 and put it in the right folder.  Looks like Arrow has a theme available there (and it is named "Arrow"), so not sure about that one.

@@darbid, if you want to test with a series that has is known to work, create yourself an empty folder called "Arrested Development" and put a "Season 1" folder inside it.  I know the theme works for that series.

• Like 3

StudioTan

I've been trying to get this and the other plug-ins to work for the past few days but have had no luck.  I have ThemeVideo Backdrops installed along with the trials for TV Theme Videos and Movie Theme Videos.  When I run the scheduled tasks for the latter 2 nothing happens.  It shows the download status bar for a second and then ends.  What exactly is supposed to be downloaded because it seems nothing is?

I put the folder "Arrested Development" and then Season 1 and then made the plugin run its task in scheduled tasks.  Still nothing.  I am running out of things to tell you sorry.

radeon

I've been trying to get this and the other plug-ins to work for the past few days but have had no luck.  I have ThemeVideo Backdrops installed along with the trials for TV Theme Videos and Movie Theme Videos.  When I run the scheduled tasks for the latter 2 nothing happens.  It shows the download status bar for a second and then ends.  What exactly is supposed to be downloaded because it seems nothing is?

Hey @@StudioTan, That sounds to me like its already been run and downloaded what it needs to. Can you give me your logs at the time of running the plugins please. This will tell you how to get the logs to me:

http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/793-how-to-report-a-problem/

And also, the config files named MovieThemeVideos.xml and ThemeVideos.xml, from C:\Users\YouUserName\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\plugins\configurations

Thanks,

EDIT: Also, something that has just popped up in my head is, are you a MB supporter and do you have your supporter key installed? Else the plugins wont download anything.

Edited by radeon

radeon

I put the folder "Arrested Development" and then Season 1 and then made the plugin run its task in scheduled tasks.  Still nothing.  I am running out of things to tell you sorry.

Hey @@darbid, What does "still nothing" mean?

have you confirmed if the file has been downloaded?

Or has it been downloaded and not playing?

Which plugin are you using as all three are mentioned in the thread - TV Theme Videos, Movie Theme Videos and TV Theme Songs? Lets just stick with one for now.

edit: Also, something that has just popped up in my head is, are you a MB supporter and do you have your supporter key installed? Else the plugins wont download anything.

Can you give me your logs at the time of running the plugins please. This will tell you how to get the logs to me:

And also, the config files named MovieThemeVideos.xml, ThemeSongs.xml and ThemeVideos.xml, from C:\Users\YouUserName\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\plugins\configurations

Thanks,

Edited by radeon

radeon

All premium plugins require you to have a supporter key before purchasing. So if you don't have one, my plugins won't work.

I suppose technically I could change my plugins so they work in trial without a supporter key but I'm quite happy that they don't unless you're a supporter as everyone should be! :-D

• Like 1

skywalka

Hi Radeon,

Where are the TV Themes downloaded from?  I'm not happy with some of the videos.  For example I have an add for "Modern Family" instead of the intro.

Thanks.

candybar213

Not sure if it matters where they are dl from they are not a show produced thing I believe people make the background themes and send them to him.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

radeon

Hi Radeon,

Where are the TV Themes downloaded from?  I'm not happy with some of the videos.  For example I have an add for "Modern Family" instead of the intro.

Thanks.

Hey @@skywalka

When you say add, do you mean advert? because modern family in particular is sourced directly from a bluray and is the menu background. Ive just checked it now and the quality is brilliant and its definitely not an advert.

Also, @@candybar213 is partially right in that some are not show produced however, the one you picked definitely is.

Cheers

radeon

@@radeon sorry if I stepped on your toes just thought if I could help and you were busy I would but I don't mean to miss speak

The candybar

@@candybar213 Not at all good sir! I appreciate the input and what you said was absolutely correct - some of the themes are not show produced. :-D

I just wanted to highlight to skywalka that whilst you are correct, the example he used in particular was actually show produced and came directly from one of the blurays.

skywalka

Hi Radeon,

Sorry, I should have said "ad" instead of "ad".

After reading your post I did some investigating. The problem is I use Media Center Master & it was configured to download backdrops. I'm guessing your plugin won't download a backdrop if one already exists.

StudioTan

Hey @@StudioTan, That sounds to me like its already been run and downloaded what it needs to. Can you give me your logs at the time of running the plugins please. This will tell you how to get the logs to me:

And also, the config files named MovieThemeVideos.xml and ThemeVideos.xml, from C:\Users\YouUserName\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\plugins\configurations

Thanks,

EDIT: Also, something that has just popped up in my head is, are you a MB supporter and do you have your supporter key installed? Else the plugins wont download anything.

Sorry for not getting back to you Radeon, I haven't had time to go through the logs.  I am a supporter so that wasn't the issue.  I don't know what it was but the plug-ins suddenly started working, maybe it was due to some update with the MB server?  I do have another issue however, possibly related to the problems from before.  The intros were quite loud so I tried setting them to -30 and I realized I have to delete them to have them redownloaded but again it doesn't appear to be working.  I deleted the video file for Arrow and tried to run the task again but nothing is downloaded.  What is the expected behaviour?  Should it redownload immediately?

radeon

Sorry for not getting back to you Radeon, I haven't had time to go through the logs.  I am a supporter so that wasn't the issue.  I don't know what it was but the plug-ins suddenly started working, maybe it was due to some update with the MB server?  I do have another issue however, possibly related to the problems from before.  The intros were quite loud so I tried setting them to -30 and I realized I have to delete them to have them redownloaded but again it doesn't appear to be working.  I deleted the video file for Arrow and tried to run the task again but nothing is downloaded.  What is the expected behaviour?  Should it redownload immediately?

Hey @@StudioTan That's Alright! It sounds like its a fairly simple thing. Other users requested a filter system to prevent some themes from being downloaded. So, if you have deleted all of your themes and want to download them all again, you need to delete those filters.

Simply go into the plugins configuration page from the MBS dashboard and delete the filters. Either those you want to download individually or by clicking delete all. Then make sure you click save and run the task again! :-D

buddyweiser

Is there a site that we can upload our personal theme videos to in order to make them available to the public? There are quite a few shows that I have, that do not have theme videos downloaded, so I assume they are unavailable. So I have created some of my own(via bluray title's or other sources), and plan on continuing to do so, but I would like them to show up in the plugin downloaded list.

• Like 1

mriksman

Nothing seems to be working. I am getting this in my logs for every TV Show;

2014-03-01 17:25:21.2419 Error - App: Error downloading theme video for No Ordinary Family
Could not parse the Youtube page.
This may be due to a change of the Youtube page structure.
Please report this bug at www.github.com/flagbug/YoutubeExtractor/issues
YoutubeExtractor.YoutubeParseException
  at YoutubeExtractor.DownloadUrlResolver.GetDownloadUrls(String videoUrl)
  at MediaBrowser.Plugins.ThemeVideos.Search.VideoSearch.<Search>d__4.MoveNext()
InnerException: System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException
The given key was not present in the dictionary.
  at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key)
  at YoutubeExtractor.DownloadUrlResolver.<ExtractDownloadUrls>d__0.MoveNext()
  at YoutubeExtractor.DownloadUrlResolver.GetVideoInfos(IEnumerable`1 downloadUrls, String videoTitle)
  at YoutubeExtractor.DownloadUrlResolver.GetDownloadUrls(String videoUrl)

radeon

Nothing seems to be working. I am getting this in my logs for every TV Show;

Oh, nice! I'll look into it. I'm away this weekend so It may have to wait until next week if its not a quick fix.

StudioTan

So I went ahead and purchased the TV Video Theme plug-in but it's still not working correctly.  The videos were too loud so I set them to -30, deleted the filter list and delete the video files from the Backdrops folder.  The filter list is repopulating but nothing is being downloaded and after purchasing it's giving an error when trying to download all the other shows. 

Log file is here.

mriksman

Possibly the same issue as what I am having. 

Look at the server-xxxxxxxx.log file in C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\logs and look for errors like what I posted above.