TV Theme Videos Plugin Questions and Support Thread

radeon

Yeah, I just figured that now that you fixed Haven (I saw the download in the log file). I originally thought it was downloading since each lookup seemed relatively slow.

It downloaded fine and the plugin completed fine.

It doesn't half make a difference to the wow! factor!

Cheers!

• Like 1

How does the plugin determine what quality theme to download?

I noticed some are excellent, and some are not so - Arrow is pretty poor for example. (I'm not complaining, just curious as I can fix those manually if I can find better examples!)

Does the plugin download 1080p as default?

How does the plugin determine what quality theme to download?

I noticed some are excellent, and some are not so - Arrow is pretty poor for example. (I'm not complaining, just curious as I can fix those manually if I can find better examples!)

Does the plugin download 1080p as default?

Also realize some are ones that are pulled directly from the discs and others are going to be just random things. Arrow is an example. There wasn't one on the Arrow disc that I could ever find, so while I don't know which one this plugin is using, it isn't probably going to be of the same quality as one that was pulled directly.

radeon

Version 1.0.2.0 of the Movie and TV Theme Video Downloaders released, make sure you update it now!

Some important API changes meaning the old version will soon no longer work.

If you want to get involved in the project, drop me a pm

it would be nice if you will add an option or the function to forbid the theme-download for individual tv shows/movies.

The problem now: if I will add a new tv show and force the local download, your plugin will update all my tv shows. In many situations I'm not interested in a video for tv show A, but tv show B would be very nice.

So is it possible to add the function of forcing specific downloads, instead of the whole tv show libary?

Edited by crampas

radeon

it would be nice if you will add an option or the function to forbid the theme-download for individual tv shows/movies.

The problem now: if I will add a new tv show and force the local download, your plugin will update all my tv shows. In many situations I'm not interested in a video for tv show A, but tv show B would be very nice.

So is it possible to add the function of forcing specific downloads, instead of the whole tv show libary?

Watch this space

radeon

@@crampas

check this out...

http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/1068-tv-theme-videos-plugin/&do=findComment&comment=45629

Available in all three plugins. :-) Just just need to update.

• Like 1

radeon

Right! Audio Normalisation in the latest TV Theme Videos V1.0.2.2. :-D

It's enabled as default for all future downloads and if its a success, ill implement it into the other plugins.

If you want your other ones processed, you'll have to delete and download them again as the Normalisation happens at download time. A quick windows search for "backdrops" in your tv collections should make that simple enough.

Thanks to @Tikuf for his ffmpeg super knowledge and thanks to @Cheesegeezer for being there through the highs and lows! hahaha

Edited by radeon

radeon

TV Theme Videos 1.0.3.0 Released!

Added Custom Maximum Volume for Audio Normalisation features.

Configure it through the Plugins Configuration Page

The lower the number the quieter it will be. So -30 is really quiet, -15 is normal, 0 is really loud!

audionorm.png

newfiend

Radeon, love this plugin.. Any chance in a future update you could add the ability to delete all downloaded TV Theme Videos? In case we want to start fresh. That way we don't have to manually hunt each one down to delete..

Thx,

newfiend

Edited by newfiend

radeon

Radeon, love this plugin.. Any chance in a future update you could add the ability to delete all downloaded TV Theme Videos? In case we want to start fresh. That way we don't have to manually hunt each one down to delete..

Thx,

newfiend

It has been considered, I'm always just a bit weary of deleting peoples media/metadata. I mean, would it have to go through and just delete all themes in their collection, or would it only delete those in the filter list?

If its to delete all, It surely Isn't good to be deleting ones people have manually added to their own collections - I would imaging people would hunt me down! haha

If its to only delete from the filter, the filter isn't an original feature so not all themes my plugin downloaded will be on that list for some.

It's one that needs some thought.

The manual side to this is for those who do want to delete all and re-download, just search from the route of your media for "backdrops" and delete those folders. then just delete the filters from the plugin page, or even the config.xml file from C:\Users\{you-username}\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\plugins\configurations.

Then just restart mbs and off you go.

• 4 weeks later...
mentasm

hi,I

seem to be getting an incorrect theme video for 'The Fall"

I'm seeing a video that seems to be for some western with either really bad sound or it badly re-encoded halfway through.  Instead I should be seeing lots of Gillian Anderson.

Can you check on the vid that is uploaded for this TV series?  I've tried deleting and redownloading and it comes back the same

radeon

hi,I

seem to be getting an incorrect theme video for 'The Fall"

I'm seeing a video that seems to be for some western with either really bad sound or it badly re-encoded halfway through.  Instead I should be seeing lots of Gillian Anderson.

Can you check on the vid that is uploaded for this TV series?  I've tried deleting and redownloading and it comes back the same

Hey, @metasm

Not sure what that one is! :-/ I have removed and added what i think should be the correct one. Give that a shot :-D

• Like 1

newfiend

Hey radeon,

Hope you guys are doing better.. I noticed that the Audio theme for a TV show called Golden Boy (2013) http://thetvdb.com/?tab=series&id=259093&lid=7

is or/was downloading theme music for Golden Boy TVDB http://thetvdb.com/?tab=series&id=72408&lid=7

I also have a video theme for Golden Boy (2013) I can share if you need it.

Take Care,

newfiend~

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Radeon,

Again, thanks for the great plugin. Just wondered if for a future release could the filter list be alphabetical (TV and Movie plugins)? I use it to compare against my folders for which I need theme videos for and it would be easiler than jumping all over the place in the list.

Thanks,

Erik

• Like 1

radeon

Hi Radeon,

Again, thanks for the great plugin. Just wondered if for a future release could the filter list be alphabetical (TV and Movie plugins)? I use it to compare against my folders for which I need theme videos for and it would be easiler than jumping all over the place in the list.

Thanks,

Erik

Hey @@Erik

More than happy to do that,

Its already in the next release which will be available when the next MBS Beta comes out. :-D

• Like 1

radeon

Hey @@Erik

1.0.4.5 of my plugins have just been release and adds the alphabet sorting (may require a CTRL+F5 on the plugin config page on first use)

• Like 1

Nice plugin, loved it, 

Although, More Options please:

-Option to close the looping. So after initial play, regular backgrounds are showed.

-Option to show theme background only on Series page, not while within seasons.

Thanks a lot for the great plugin again

Nice plugin, loved it, 

Although, More Options please:

-Option to close the looping. So after initial play, regular backgrounds are showed.

-Option to show theme background only on Series page, not while within seasons.

Thanks a lot for the great plugin again

I just realized that both this options should be implemented under MBT not within your Plugin, ... so @@Luke :)

• 4 weeks later...
Guest virtualtinker

Looks like the Dollhouse video link no longer works.  I had it prior but decided to delete and re-download in case the video had changed for some reason.  After it didn't re-download, I noticed in the logs that the video you were pulling from has since been marked as private.

Doing a quick search on YouTube, I see the original video you had, and a bunch of spoofs of what season 3's opening credits could have been, so there seems to be good source material for repopulating this.