FireTV app won't play video

MattCooksley

MattCooksley

Logs sent in about 12:54 (UTC-5), user Matt.

Created new server on new Linux install recently on Raspberry Pi. Playback on other devices like my Android phone works well. Howwver when using FireTV app, selecting various video for playback get spinning wheel, then "Too many error" and kicks back out.

Music playback seems fine.

I do notice that the fireTV says Video: <Uknown> when selecting a title to play

26 minutes ago, MattCooksley said:

I do notice that the fireTV says Video: <Uknown> when selecting a title to play

Hi.  I don't see a playback attempt in your app log but the above is going to be a problem.  It indicates that the server has not probed and understood that particular item.  What happens if you refresh metadata on it?

MattCooksley
8 hours ago, ebr said:

Hi.  I don't see a playback attempt in your app log but the above is going to be a problem.  It indicates that the server has not probed and understood that particular item.  What happens if you refresh metadata on it?

Nothing. No change 

MattCooksley
1 hour ago, Luke said:

Have you completed the initial library scan since setting up your server?

I believe so, I dont see the progress bar. All files I was expecting are found and Metadata found.

I have tried scanning all libraries again. No change

For this particular video what does it say under media info at the bottom of the web app detail screen?

MattCooksley
21 hours ago, Luke said:

For this particular video what does it say under media info at the bottom of the web app detail screen?

Accessing via web broswer, It has the file location, file type, then date added. All video files appear to be in order, but no video files play. Have tried a dozen or so. No Playback in browser or in FireTV

Playback does work with smartphone Android app (same media info details as browser) 

Hi.  Can you please refresh metadata on one of those items and then attach the server log here?  It sounds like maybe an installation problem of the server - not being able to access some necessary components.