Featured Actors in two diffreent anime/movie only show the same image.

acer1204

acer1204

In tvdb information.

the "A movie" Featured Actors is show up image.

the "B anime" Featured Actors is show down image.

but if i use emby server with tvdb to auto get "A movie" and "B Anime" Featured Actors.

the two video with the same Featured Actors will show only one image, not show different.

It any solution to split the two anime with  Featured Actors?

sometimes the movie Featured Actors show anime version is too strangeness or the anime Featured Actors show real persion that i can't mapping who role.

002.png

001.png

Edited by acer1204

GrimReaper

Nope, you can't get multiple Character images, just single image (one per actor). Actors are db entities and can have only a single image associated. If you scrape from TVDB, it'll be first one that was grabbed (which is somewhat annoying having a cartoon image under a movie same actor starred in). Exact reason why I was pushed towards scraping actors from TMDB. Though, tbh, haven't let Emby scrape TVDB images in a long time, there was some discussion about it, don't know if it's still scraping Character image or Person image, @Happy2Play

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• 3 weeks later...
Zovereign

I ended up manually replace them... a lot of work at the start as there is too many anime...

Once done with all anime, will be a lot easier and replace once per anime. 

image.thumb.png.dcad44a9da5b3c19ab47e1ecd903b473.png

Junglejim
On 08/04/2022 at 01:49, GrimReaper said:

Nope, you can't get multiple Character images, just single image (one per actor). Actors are db entities and can have only a single image associated. If you scrape from TVDB, it'll be first one that was grabbed (which is somewhat annoying having a cartoon image under a movie same actor starred in). Exact reason why I was pushed towards scraping actors from TMDB. Though, tbh, haven't let Emby scrape TVDB images in a long time, there was some discussion about it, don't know if it's still scraping Character image or Person image, @Happy2Play

Yep this is my biggest problem with TVDB... "needs role specific image", that's crazy! I want to see the actor that voiced the character, not the cartoon image of the character, that makes no sense to me!

@GrimReaper How do you prioritize TMDB over TVDB for actors? I see series, seasons, episodes. Which one do I bump to the top to achieve this?

It would be nice if we had a separate option in the library for actors but I guess that's a feature request for another day.. :)

@Zovereign , sorry for hijacking your post mate, I guess your the opposite to me and prefer the cartoon image. 😉

Edited by Junglejim

GrimReaper
1 hour ago, Junglejim said:

@GrimReaper How do you prioritize TMDB over TVDB for actors? I see series, seasons, episodes. Which one do I bump to the top to achieve this?

You'd bump TMDB on both Series and Episode fetcher list; note that that affects all metadata scraped, not actors only. 

Also, you can make use of @mickle026's People Backup/Custom Providers plugin to obtain Actor images, check it out:

Edited by GrimReaper
  • Like 1

Junglejim

Thanks mate, I'll give it a try. The TMDB is getting better day by day, it's just the episode sorting order that gives me problems.. (aired, dvd, absolute).

Can you change the library scan order on the fly?.. so say I have some media that needs TVDB for some reason?

GrimReaper
6 minutes ago, Junglejim said:

it's just the episode sorting order that gives me problems.. (aired, dvd, absolute).

Yeah, what's needed is TMDB Episode groups support, you can lend your support here:

7 minutes ago, Junglejim said:

Can you change the library scan order on the fly?.. so say I have some media that needs TVDB for some reason?

Nope, you can only change fetcher order in library settings, Refresh Metadata on desired item, lock it afterwards to prevent changes and revert fetcher order to initial. Yeah, a bit of a chore. 

• Like 1

Junglejim

Thanks mate, understood.

I have quite a few DVD ordered tvshows that TVDB sorted for me just fine (TMDB not so much) :) . Yeah, it sounds like a lock and repeat.. :)

That's all good.

The "TMDB Episode groups support" thread looks interesting, I think everyone should give support to that! :)

• Like 1